- All this melodramatic whining is fascinating, but you got bigger problems right now, Bony!
Appearing in "Visions"
- Lilith (First appearance) (In a vision)
- Meatmarket (First appearance) (In a vision)
- Nakota (First appearance) (In a vision)
- Pilgrim (First appearance) (In a vision)
- Dwarf (First appearance) (In a vision)
- Lt. Badilino
- The Nine (First appearance) (Vision)
Races and Species:
- Lilin (First appearance)
Synopsis for "Visions"
In Brooklyn, Ghost Rider attacks two street thugs for the murder of an elderly woman. He lashes at them with his chains and prepares to cut them down, when Johnny Blaze appears and levels a Hellfire gun at Ghost Rider's head. He warns the Rider that he is jeopardizing more lives than he’s actually saving. Ghost Rider relaxes slightly, but still knocks the thugs out cold. He brings them back to the mausoleum at Cypress Hills Cemetery and seals them inside. While Johnny continues to condemn the Ghost Rider's actions, an unkempt man arrives riding astride an antique motorcycle. He introduces himself only as the Caretaker, and appears to possess intimate knowledge of the Ghost Rider and Blaze’s relationship to him.
At the Ketch household, Francis Ketch is hysterical with grief over the loss of her son, Daniel. Officer Stacy Dolan assures her that she will do everything she can to find her son. Her father is present, but prepares to leave, citing that Michael Badalino and his S.W.A.T. team have the Ghost Rider cornered.
Back in the cemetery, Badalino's team arrives and Johnny and the Caretaker duck for cover. The Ghost Rider however, retreats back inside the mausoleum. He finds that all of the people he imprisoned there are now dead – all save Blackout and the immortal Mister Stern. Blackout bites Ghost Rider, who suddenly recoils in pain. The villains then rush out into the night where they encounter Badalino’s men who open fire upon them. They charge past them and escape.
Ghost Rider meanwhile, while reeling on the floor, experiences a psychic connection with Dan Ketch. Dan's spirit is dying, but before he can enter the light of Heaven, he sees the demonic visage of Lilith – Mother of Demons. Ghost Rider perceives this same vision and begins shouting out the names of Lilith's demonic brood – the Lilin. He knows that Lilith is coming, and that she must be stopped. He meets back up with Johnny and the Caretaker and tells them about his experience. The Caretaker gives Johnny his motorcycle, and the two "Spirits of Vengeance" set out to stop Lilith and her Children.
- This issue was shipped polybagged and included a "Rise of the Midnight Sons" mini-poster. Each mini-poster represented 1/6th of a larger puzzle that formed a composite illustration when combined with the mini-posters included in the other "Rise of the Midnight Sons" crossover issues.
- This issue is the first comic published under Marvel's Midnight Sons imprint.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Ghost Rider Vol 3 28 on the forums
- 1 Images from Ghost Rider Vol 3 28
Links and References
- Ghost Rider article at Wikipedia
- Ghost Rider article at the Marvel Universe
- Ghost Rider article at the Marvel Directory
- Ghost Rider (movie) Official Site
- Ghost Rider (movie) entry at the Internet Movie Database (IMDB)
|Like this? Let us know!|