Appearing in "Eelar Moves in Mysterious Ways!"
- Vance Astrovik (First appearance)
- Guardians of the Galaxy
- Eelar (First and only known appearance)
- Captain America (Photo)
- Trish Starr (Only in flashback)
- Hyperion (Only in flashback)
- Dcotor Spectrum (Only in flashback)
- Milton Childs (First appearance)
- trio of toughs
- Ferdie (First appearance)
- Tom Astrovik (First appearance)
- Mary Astrovik (First appearance)
- Stan Lee (Name only)
- Atlantic Ocean
- New York State
Synopsis for "Eelar Moves in Mysterious Ways!"
While investigating a temporal disruption, Dr. Strange, Valkyrie, and Hulk find Eelar, a creature mutated by the alien Badoon to destroy humanity. The group end up meeting the Guardians of the Galaxy, whose ship the Captain America had crash landed in the 20th century.
As the Guardians are transported to the location of the Defender's battle against Eelar, Vance Astro's younger self -- Vance Astrovik -- finds the Guardian's ship and meets with Martinex.
Defeating Eelar, and reversing it's mutation, the Guardians explain that they are in the modern era to stop the Badoon invasion. During an exchange of information, the Defenders agree to return to the Guardian's 31st century and help them defeat their Badoon oppressors.
Appearing in ""Quoth the Nighthawk, "Nevermore!""
- Daredevil's Billy Club
- Daredevil's Suit
- Captain America's Shield (Only in recap)
- Captain America's Uniform (Only in recap)
Synopsis for ""Quoth the Nighthawk, "Nevermore!""
When trying to stop two crooks from robbing the box office of a movie theater, Daredevil runs into Nighthawk, who captures the crook and takes all the credit. Afterwards, Nighthawk returns to his home, a large mansion where he recounts how a formula gave him his powers and how he was once recruited by the Grandmaster to fight the Avengers.
This starts a series of episodes where Daredevil is upstaged by Nighthawk, which discredits DD in the public eye and gives Karen more ammunition to pressure Matt into giving up his Daredevil identity. However, realizing something fishy is up, DD tricks Nighthawk into boasting how he's been staging the crimes to discredit DD and also reap benefits from crime at the same time into a recorder which broadcasts his words to the people on the street.
This leads to a fight between DD and Nighthawk which takes them to the New York subway, where Nighthawk manages to escape by jumping between an oncoming subway train to make his escape, vowing to one day get revenge on Daredevil.
- This issue contains a two page letters page, Defenders Dialogue. Letters are published from Jack Callenberg, Scott, Taylor, Jack Callenberg (basically the same letter as letters #1), Scott Taylor (identical letter as letter #2), Brian Lauchard, K.J. Robbins" and "John Rieber".
- This is the last issue of Giant-Size Defenders. Further adventures of the Defenders, as well as this storyline, continues in Defenders #26.
- Vance Atrovik's parent's names are given as Tom and Mary in this issue. They will later be called Arnold and Norma.