Appearing in "Of Monsters and Men!"
- Vivian Schist (Only appearance) (Franklin's widow)
- Carolyn Schist (Only appearance) (Franklin and Vivian's daughter)
- Dr. Dane Gavin (Only appearance) (biologist, New York Ecological History Museum)
- Florida police officer
- Franklin Armstrong Schist (Only in flashback)
- Stark Industries technicians
- Dr. Graham
- Fantastic Four
- New York Ecological History Museum board of trustees
- Tony Stark
- museum guards
- Jeff & Beth
- New York policemen
Synopsis for "Of Monsters and Men!"
When the wife of the late F. A. Schist, Vivian and her daughter Caroline travel to the site of his failed construction site to try and learn of his fate, they along with the Citrusville sheriff are attacked by the Man-Thing. Fleeing, Vivian believes that the Man-Thing had something to do with her husbands disappearance and vows to have the creature captured. She hires a team to capture the beast, led by Dane Gavin, they succeed in capturing the Man-Thing in an electrified sphere that incapacitates the muck-monster. They then decide to put it on display in New York as part of an exhibit.
There, the muck-monster breaks loose, and not even the intervention of Mr. Fantastic of the Fantastic Four is able to stop the creatures rampage. When they find that the Man-Thing is dieing because it has been taken out of it's natural habitat, Caroline -- realizing that the Man-Thing is no killer -- convinces her mother to have the muck-monster returned to it's home. Returning it to the Florida, Everglades, Dane decides that he will unlock the secrets of the muck-monster, but will do so in it's natural habitat.
Appearing in "The Blip!"
Synopsis for "The Blip!"
Appearing in "He Stalks By Night!"
Synopsis for "He Stalks By Night!"
Appearing in "I Dared Enter the Forbidden World"
Synopsis for "I Dared Enter the Forbidden World"
- "The Blip" was originally printed in Tales to Astonish #15. The story was originally titled "I Learned the Dread Secret of the Blip!"
- The editor's note for "He Stalks By Night" claims it was originally presented in "Tales to Astound You #7", referring to the first issue ("7" likely a typo for "1") of a series that was cancelled before publication in 1956. The prepared stories for Tales to Astound You #1, including "He Stalks By Night, appeared in Strange Tales #51 instead.
- "I Dared Enter the Forbidden World!" was originally printed in Tales to Astonish #15.
- Iron Man appears as Tony Stark only in this issue.
- The tagline for this issue is "The Monster Runs Wild!"
- Man-Thing image gallery
- Man-Thing chronology page
- Human Torch image gallery
- Human Torch chronology page
- Human Torch quotes page
- Iron Man image gallery
- Iron Man chronology page
- Iron Man quotes page
- Mister Fantastic image gallery
- Mister Fantastic chronology page
- Mister Fantastic quotes page
- Thing image gallery
- Thing chronology page
- Thing quotes page
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Giant-Size Man-Thing Vol 1 2 on the forums
- 4 Images from Giant-Size Man-Thing Vol 1 2
Links and References
- Man-Thing profile at Wikipedia
- Man-Thing profile at the Marvel Directory
- Man-Thing profile at Toonopedia
- Man-Thing movie entry at the Internet Movie Database (IMDB)
|Like this? Let us know!|