- There are many breeds of Giants in Jotunheim. Mountain Giants. Storm Giants. Brine Giants in their shanties made of smashed ships. Man-eating Lard Giants and black-winged Shadow Giants and warrior She-Giants with spears that could touch the cloud. But since the beginning of time, there has always been one race race of Giants more fearsome than all the rest. Giants, they say, that even Gods have learned to fear. The Frost Giants. Lords of the rime and the cold.
Many types of Giants dwell in the Realm of Asgard, and mostly in Jotunheim. The Giants of Jothunheim are also known as Etins, Jotunkind, Giantkind, Jotnar, Jötunn, or Jotuns.
There is no known relation between the Giants of Otherworld, and the Giants of Jotunheim (nor the Gigantes). Some of those are originated from Niffleheim, where was born Ymir, and some still live there.
Human-sized Giants of Jotunheim
Some giants are of reduced height, like Solveig, Bragmir or Sludge. Some are even human-sized (or god-sized), like Knorda, Loki the hybrid Skurge, and possibly Jack Frost.
Races of Giants of Jotunheim
- ↑ Official Handbook of the Marvel Universe Vol 3 #3
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Mighty Thor #12.1
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 Thor Annual #12
- ↑ Thor & Hercules: Encyclopaedia Mythologica #1; Loki's entry
- ↑ Thor & Hercules: Encyclopaedia Mythologica #1; Otherworld's entry
- ↑ Journey into Mystery #97
- ↑ Mighty Thor #10
- ↑ Marvel Zombies Handbook #1; Werewolves' entry
- ↑ Thor & Hercules: Encyclopaedia Mythologica #1; Hela's entry
- ↑ Marvel Legacy #1
- ↑ Marvel Adventures: Super Heroes #11
- ↑ Marvel Super-Heroes Vol 2 #9
- ↑ Journey into Mystery #109
- ↑ Official Handbook of the Marvel Universe Vol 2 #1; Asgardians' entry
- ↑ Thor: Asgard's Avenger #1; Asgardians' appendix, Loki's entry
- ↑ Thor: Asgard's Avenger #1; Asgard's entry
- ↑ Marvel Encyclopedia #1; Jack Frost's entry