Blood transfusion is the process of receiving blood into one's circulation intravenously. Transfusions are used for various medical conditions to replace lost components of the blood. In the Marvel Universe certain powers can be transferred as well.
- Spitfire of the Invaders gained superpowers from a blood transfusion from the first Human Torch after being bitten by a Vampire. The Horton Cells in his blood made him a universal donor.
- Bruce Banner's the Hulk's cousin Jennifer Walters needed a blood transfusion after being injured and Bruce was on the only one on hand. Desperate, he transferred his Gamma Irradiated Blood which permanently changed her into the She-Hulk. Luckily she retained her personality and intellect.
- Patriot claimed he was given the Super-Soldier Serum from a blood transfusion from his grandfather; Isaiah Bradley, but this was a lie he was actually using the Mutant Growth Hormone. But later he was shot by a Kree blaster for Captain America. When he gets to the hospital after the battle, Cap is all set for this, except "the other super-soldier beat you to it."
- Spider-Man gave blood to save Aunt May. Neither of them got much out of it , Peter was too woozy to fight, and his radioactive blood nearly killed Aunt May later on.
- Deadpool's Healing factor was derived from Wolverine's blood. Notably, he was one of many test subjects, most of whom didn't survive, and Deadpool himself suffered some rather severe side effects.
- The Whizzer gained his super-speed powers from a blood transfusion from a mongoose.
- Angel (Warren Worthington III) possesses an accelerated Healing factor. This ability extends to being transferred by blood, thus he can heal others via blood transfusion, provided they have a compatible blood type.
- On Earth-92131; Wolverine performed blood transfusions to try to use his mutant healing power to save others. However, it only worked twice. When Leech was close to death, Jubilee and Storm convinced Wolverine to perform a transfusion even though he was unsure if it would help at all. However it did work and it saved Leech's life.
(See Also: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blood_Transfusion)
- ↑ Invaders #12
- ↑ Savage She-Hulk #1
- ↑ Young Avengers #12
- ↑ Amazing Spider-Man #10
- ↑ Deadpool: The Circle Chase #3
- ↑ U.S.A. Comics #1
- ↑ Uncanny X-Men #427
- ↑ X-Men: The Animated Series Season 4 11
[top] [Edit Blood Transfusion]