Conservation of energy
The Conservation of energy is the principle discovered by Sir Isaac Newton, it stated that, in physics, the law of conservation of energy states that the total energy of an isolated system remains constant it is said to be conserved over time. Energy can neither be created nor destroyed; rather, it transforms from one form to another. In the Marvel Universe, a common explanation for size increase/decreases/etc is that characters' added/excess mass is "shunted off into a pocket dimension."
- The scientist Hank Pym so far has almost broken every law of physics using "Pym Particles". The extra mass and dispersal of mass is shifted into the Kosmos dimension this allows him to break the Square-cube law as well.
- When Bruce Banner was exposed to large amounts of Gamma Radiation he was transformed into the "Hulk". This is caused by stress that somehow allows him to gain large amounts of mass from an unknown source. When the Hulk transforms back into Banner, the excess muscle mass and energy is lost, presumably to the same place he derives it.
- Cyclops possesses the mutant ability to project a powerful beam of concussive, ruby-colored force from his eyes. He absorbs ambient energy (particularly sunlight) in order to support this ability.
- Warlock and his species seemed to have no limit on how large he can transform and change his mass to fit the size instantly.
- Big Bertha of the Great Lakes Avengers is not explained where the extra mass comes from when going from supermodel skinny to her bulky form. But when she does not need her extra mass she disperses it by vomiting it back out.
- Skrulls are explicitly described as being unable to alter their mass, and therefore having size restrictions on what they can imitate. Nevertheless, they have repeatedly demonstrated size-alteration equivalent to a Pym Particle user.
- Doctor Connors regrows his arm whenever he becomes the "Lizard". He originally transformed slowly using the existing matter from his body and large amounts of food. However Komodo his assistant who had her legs amputated, created an improved version of the Connors Formula lets her shift between forms at will. However their is no explanation where her legs go when she turns back to normal.
- In the Ultimate Universe, Tony Stark possessed a mild Healing Factor which allowed him to regrow his legs, but he had to eat large amount of food to get the necessary materials.
- ↑ Unbeatable Squirrel Girl Vol 2 #14
- ↑ Hulk Vol 3 #1
- ↑ X-Men #43
- ↑ New Mutants #50
- ↑ G.L.A. #3
- ↑ Fantastic Four #2
- ↑ Fantastic Four #358
- ↑ Avengers: The Initiative #8
- ↑ Ultimate Iron Man #1-5
[top] [Edit Conservation of energy]