The Flight is ability to lift off the ground, to ride air currents or to fly self-propelled through the air. This ability is attained through different means.
Forms of Flight
The capabilities of flight, including characteristic modifications while flying, min and max speed, maneuverability, and basically control over the ability.
Applications of Flight
- A passive aspect, most commonly used, is a means to evade attacks or escape capture.
- Usually, a character with flight has a certain amount of speed to utilize whilst airborne. This can be used as an alternative to getting to places on foot in a lesser amount of time.
- In combat, flight and aerial speed can be used to divebomb/tackle enemies or engage in aerial hand-to-hand fighting. This is commonly seen with characters with mainly physical powers and abilities, such as Angel, Rogue, The Vulture, Morbius, Deathbird, etc.
- Aerial reconnaissance.
- Rescuing a falling ally.
- Carrying an enemy while airborne to either intimidate them, or cause them harm.
Energy Propulsion Means
- Cosmic energy control: Captain Marvel
- Energy aura projection: Dazzler, Havok, Sunfire
- Gravitational manipulation: Gravity, Graviton
- Magnetic levitation: Magneto, Polaris
- Sonic repulsion field: Banshee, Siryn
- Telekinesis: Vance Astrovik, X-Man
- Thermo-chemical energy: Cannonball, Jetstream
- Phasing ("Air Walking"): Shadowcat, Dead Girl
- Wind current control: Storm, Wind Dancer
- Wings, including avian or insectoid forms: Angel, Deathbird, Pixie, Wasp
Notable Users of all kinds of Flight
For a complete list of characters who can fly, see this category.
- Jessica Jones
- Iron Man
- Doctor Strange
- Ultron (Henry Pym)
- Captain Marvel (Danvers)
- White Phoenix of the Crown
- Blue Marvel
- Hope Summers
- Black Bolt
- The Wasp
- Scarlet Witch
- Phoenix Force
- Adam Warlock
- Human Torch
- Nova (Alexander)
- Captain America
- Miss America
- Amadeus Cho
- Nova (Rider)
- Red Queen
- Captain Marvel (Mar-Vell)
- Wonder Man
- The Watcher
[top] [Edit Flight]