A person who was born in Hawaii.
A mystical energy which acts in a similar fashion to ordinary fire, with one major difference. It can burn physical objects through heat, or it can traumatize the souls of living beings, depending on the wielder's intention. It is used by such characters as Ghost Rider, Vengeance, Zarathos, and any of a large number of other supernatural or occult characters in this particular area of the Marvel Universe. Also known as soulfire.
Hellfire has been described as both cold and hot, depending on its use. The various Ghost Riders seem to be able to control and create normal fire and a type of mystical fire, yet they call both types hellfire at various times, and at other times they make a clear distinction between the two types of fire.
- Burns the soul, causing the victim to experience all of his/her sins and to feel the torments of hell.
- Burns underwater.
- Possibly feeds off oxygen (this might be normal fire).
- The Ghost Rider could utilize this fire in various ways, including projecting it from his eyes, hands, mouth, or even channeling it from his body into other weapons like his Hellfire Shotgun and Hellfire Chain. The Hellfire can be used to create vehicles that can move at incredible speeds and defy the laws of physics such as the Hell Cycle and Hell Charger.
Major events involving hellfire
- The Water Wizard was the first to describe it as burning his soul - making him the first victim of the soul-searing version of Ghost Rider's hellfire.
- During his brief stint as a member of the Fantastic Four, the Dan Ketch Ghost Rider discovered he could physically separate hellfire from himself, although he couldn't control it or understand how it worked.
- ↑ Ghost Rider Vol 2 #56
- ↑ Ghost Rider Vol 2 #7
- ↑ Ghost Rider Vol 2 #11
- ↑ Ghost Rider Vol 2 #23
- ↑ Fantastic Four #348-349
(also referred to as Henchwoman or Henchperson) A Henchman is an underling of a more powerful criminal mastermind or super-villain. Henchmen are typically dim-witted individuals with poor fighting skills, though most will arm themselves with conventional weaponry such as a gun or a knife. In the Golden-Age era, a sap was a popular weapon of choice for many henchmen. In recent years, the term has bred a neologism known as "Hench", which is an acting verb used to describe the actions of a Henchman.
An evolutionary offshoot of humanity who possess gills and dwell underwater. It is not yet known how this sub-species came into being. Homo mermanus are popularly called Atlanteans, although the term properly refers only to the citizens of the Atlantean empire.
Having virtually the same physical characteristics as a human being. Only a normal Earth human being can properly be termed human, although mutants, Eternals, and Inhumans can be classified as human under a broader definition of the term. Beings who greatly resemble human beings in physical characteristics, but are not exactly like them are humanoids. Beings who resemble humans in some major outward physical characteristics but not in others that are of equal importance are called semi-humanoids.
Hybrids, sometimes called "Half-breeds", are the result of the cross between two species, one or both not necessarily humanoids. That can also include offspring whose parents were of offshoots of the same race.
Also considered as hybrids are the spawn from hybrids.
Hybrids are supposed, by their nature, to be sterile in theory but that doesn't coincide with the reality.
The hybrid in the picture is Torus Storm, the mutant hybrid of human mutate and super-Skrull parentage. This kind of cross-breeding, and especially a mutate legacy, commonly result in mutant offspring.
Many human subspecies, and even alien species, demons and gods, have shown their ability to cross-breed, via natural ways or by bioengineering.
See also the list of hybrids and their different types.
To be noted that as Homo sapiens and Homo superior aren't as separated than others of humanity's offshoots, most of those categories include humans and mutants in the same group, and their cross-breeding products aren't considered as hybrids. Also humanity can gather every branch of humanity.