Appearing in "And Lo, a Child Shall Lead Them"
- Fantastic Four
- J. Jonah Jameson
- Joe Robertson
- Tamara Hashioka (Final appearance)
- Yuriko Takiguchi (Final appearance)
Synopsis for "And Lo, a Child Shall Lead Them"
Godzilla makes one final attack on New York City, targeting the Empire State Building, with the combined forces of the S.H.I.E.L.D. Godzilla Squad, the Fantastic Four and the Avengers as the only beings standing in the monster's way.
After a battle which shows both sides equally matched, it takes the tear-filled pleas of young Robert to convince Godzilla to stop his rampage and return to the ocean. The monster, apparently understanding the boy, leaves the city, but not before Spider-Man takes a few pictures of the monster leaving the city.
- No colourist is credited.
- The text on the back cover of the 2006 Essential Godzilla reprint collection refers to this as "one of Spider-Man's most gratuitous guest-shots ever!"
- Final issue of the series.
- This is the final appearance of Godzilla under the name "Godzilla". Following this issue, Marvel Comics relinquished the rights to use the Godzilla name. The character was later optioned by Dark Horse Comics and first appeared in Dark Horse's 1988 eponymous limited series. The Godzilla character has since made sporadic appearances in the Marvel Universe, but with a mutated, more monstrous appearance and he is never addressed as Godzilla. Godzilla appears next in Iron Man v.1 #193.