Gramps was the kindly, talkative owner of Gramps' Second-Hand Shoppe on 9th Ave. in New York City's Hell's Kitchen. He met the untalkative super-hero known as Omega when the latter interrupted a robbery of Gramps' shop. Gramps used his sewing skills to patch up a gunshot wound Omega received and offered Omega a place to stay in exchange for help around the shop. Gramps came up with the name "Sam" for the silent stranger, not liking the one the papers came up with. Even when "Sam" started talking, he never indicated his real name. Gramps often provided Sam with unsolicited advice based on his years of experience that ended up having some unintended helpful relevance to a problem Omega needed to solve.
At one point, Sam took Gramps on a trip to Las Vegas and taught him how to cheat at gambling. They collected fifty-five thousand dollars in winnings in one night, but they were then attacked by Ruby Thursday, who took all of it. Omega chased her, but was gunned down by the police due to the appearance of his aggressive actions. Gramps was called into the morgue to identify his friend's body a few days later.
- 8 Appearances of Gramps (Pawnbroker) (Earth-616)
- Minor Appearances of Gramps (Pawnbroker) (Earth-616)
- Media Gramps (Pawnbroker) (Earth-616) was Mentioned in
- 1 Images featuring Gramps (Pawnbroker) (Earth-616)
- Quotations by or about Gramps (Pawnbroker) (Earth-616)
- Character Gallery: Gramps (Pawnbroker) (Earth-616)
Discover and Discuss
- Search this site for:
|Like this? Let us know!|