The Great Ring of Arakko was the governing body of Arakko.
The Great Ring was formed in Amenth and had been ruling body of Arakko for thousands of years, with the exception of the period when Arakko was ruled by Annihilation. The Great Ring follows three basic rules; 1) Make more mutants; 2) Destroy all enemies; 3) Defend Arakko.
The Great Ring was shaped by their peoples' need for structure during their constant times of war and battle. The Great Ring is composed exclusively of Omega-Level mutants. To this day, they believe in power most of all, an ideology that shapes Arakki society. In order to gain a seat on the Ring, any Arakki mutant may challenge a sitting council member in the Circle Perilous. If they succeed, the winner will receive the loser's seat.
X of Swords
Following Saturnyne's Tournaments of Swords and battle in Otherworld, the The Great Ring lost two of its members with Genesis staying in Amenth with her husband and Redroot, who was imprisoned by Mad Jim Jaspers as payment for breaking a priceless Crystal Idol of Bombu.
Storm was named the Regent of Sol, and was given a seat on the Great Ring. During a meeting, Tarn expressed his interest in Krakoa, as a Krakoan mutant had stolen the genetic material of his Locus Vile and himself. The Great Ring forbade Tarn from attacking Krakoa, and Tarn agreed to abide by their decision, though he would break his promise shortly thereafter when the Locus Vile found the thieves. Storm called another meeting and confronted Tarn for breaking his word. Tarn reiterated that he would not leave Krakoa alone until he was satisfied, prompting Storm to challenge him to a duel in the Circle Perilous. Tarn easily disarmed Storm, disabling her powers and mutating her grotesquely. Seemingly defeated, Storm managed to get close enough to pierce Tarn's chest with a dagger, threatening to kill him if he did not surrender. Tarn yielded, and restored Storm's abilities and appearance. 
The Council itself is divided up into four sections of three seats along with an adjunct section:
- Dawn is deferred to in times of war, and consists of:
- Day is deferred to in times of peace, and consists of:
- Lactuca the Knower, who sits on the Seat of Above-Us and is consulted on matters of the heavens.
- The Regent of Arakko, who sits on the Seat of All-Around-Us and is consulted on matters of the land, the people, the weather, and the turn of the world.
- Sobunar of the Depths, who sits on the Seat of Below-Us and is consulted on matters of the deep.
- Dusk is never deferred to, but is still consulted on the nation's more conceptual matters. The Table consists of:
- Ora Serrata the Witness, who sits on the Seat of Law and is consulted on all legal matters.
- Xilo, the First Defender, who sits on the Seat of History and is consulted on matters of lore, recording (and deciding) Arakko's history.
- Lodus Logos, who sits on the Seat of Dreams and is consulted on matters of art, poetry, and song.
- Night consists of hidden members of the The Great Ring with hidden purposes.
- Lastly, an adjunct to the council consisted of Arakko and its speaker Redroot the Forest, representing the interests and needs of the island itself.
- Stulgid was originally shown to be the third member of the Table of Dusk, but this ended up being changed to Xilo's former name.
- The Great Ring of Arakko mirrors the Quiet Council of Krakoa, including similar laws, seating and table placement, and having a voice of their island.
- Every member that has ever served and currently serves on The Great Ring of Arakko has been an Omega-Level mutant. One cannot be a member without being an Omega-Level mutant.
- Storm is the only known individual to have seat on both the Quiet Council and the Great Ring along with the Galactic Council simultaneously.
- 6 appearance(s) of Great Ring of Arakko (Earth-616)
- 2 mentions of Great Ring of Arakko (Earth-616)
- 5 image(s) of Great Ring of Arakko (Earth-616)
- 12 member(s) of Great Ring of Arakko (Earth-616)