During World War II, Greenland became independent of Denmark when it was invaded by Nazi Germany. In order to prevent Greenland from being invaded, the United States of America came to its defense. During this time, a number of weather stations were constructed in Greenland to assist the Allied air-forces in defending their lands. In 1943, one such weather station was conquered by Nazi operative Von Kropp, the so-called Phantom of the Air. He provided the Allies false weather reports that left them open for attack until he was stopped by the Sub-Mariner.
Points of Interest
- 33 Appearances of Greenland
- 2 Minor Appearances of Greenland
- 10 Media Greenland was Mentioned in
- 6 Images featuring Greenland
- Location Gallery: Greenland
- 7 locations in Greenland