Appearing in "Taste the Deathless Life"
- Guardians of the Galaxy
- Galactic Guardians
- Ancient One (Stephen Strange) (Death)
Races and Species:
Synopsis for "Taste the Deathless Life"
- Synopsis not yet written.
- In this issue, Dormammu reveals himself to be a “self-symbiote” created when his “alternate essence” journeyed from the past and joined with Dormammu-691 inside the Dark Dimension where Doctor Strange had imprisoned him. A footnote references page 13 of GOTG #32. However, there are several problems with this idea.
- First, the being in the Dark Dimension who was awakened when Doctor Strange passed by a seemingly obscure construct was described as “a long dormant entity.” Since Dormammu had last been seen fairly recently when he was about to be trapped in the pocket domain of the Mindless Ones in Doctor Strange, Sorcerer Supreme #24, that description doesn't seem to fit him.
- Second, the events of Guardians of the Galaxy #31-33 take place immediately after the conclusion of the Infinity War miniseries and so must occur between Doctor Strange, Sorcerer Supreme #47 (the last Infinity War tie-in issue) and Doctor Strange, Sorcerer Supreme #48, the beginning of the two-part storyline in which Strange gave up much of his power. However, there’s a glitch. Clea and "Flyx" left Earth in Doctor Strange, Sorcerer Supreme #43 to recruit allies to overthrow Umar and Baron Mordo and were next seen in Doctor Strange, Sorcerer Supreme #48 where they had just succeeded. It was at that point that “Flyx” revealed himself to be a disguised Dormammu who consumed Umar and Mordo and transformed into a six-armed version of himself. So, if Flyx was with Clea from issue 43 to 48, how could Dormammu have been “dormant” in the Dark Dimension at the same time?
|Like this? Let us know!|