Gurneg was a Vanirman raider. He fought alongside with Naro for half his life.
The pair went to spy upon a Cimmerian village in order to bring information to their fellow Vanir. On the way, they killed a luckless Cimmerian that crossed their path (Naro used his fingers to fashion himself a collar).
The two then witnessed Conan in the woods. The twelve-years-old Cimmerian escaped them, lured Naro over the frozen Elk Lake where Naro's foot broke the ice, giving Conan time to steal his dagger and slay him. Gurneg pursued Conan to avenge Naro, but was lured as well into the lair of Dogar the Cave Bear and his mate, who devoured him.
Helmet, armor, shield
Between the first panel and the rest of the story, there is a mix-up of Gurneg and Naro:
- In the first panel, Naro is the one with a shield with a hand nailed on it, while Gurneg is the one with an axe.
- In the third and fourth pages (p.55 and 56), Naro is the one with the axe (and the fingers collar), while Gurneg is seen with the hand-nailed shield in pages 56 to 59.
- 1 Appearances of Gurneg (Vanir) (Earth-616)
- Minor Appearances of Gurneg (Vanir) (Earth-616)
- Media Gurneg (Vanir) (Earth-616) was Mentioned in
- Images featuring Gurneg (Vanir) (Earth-616)
- Quotations by or about Gurneg (Vanir) (Earth-616)
- Character Gallery: Gurneg (Vanir) (Earth-616)
Discover and Discuss
- Search this site for:
|Like this? Let us know!|