During the Hyborian Age, the lower classes of the Turan-controlled city of Zamboula worshiped Hanuman in a disgusting cult. The upper classes considered Hanuman an abomination, but possibly more due to social prejudice and racial fears than based on authentic moral indignation. It is possible that Hanuman was worshiped in various parts of the east and south.
That myth of Hanuman was suspected to be a deification of the grey carnivorous man-apes (the "goblins of Hyborian legendry", that could be found in the hills east of the Vilayet, the mountains along Zamora's eastern frontier and the nameless and mysterious jungles of the south.
- Hanuman is a Hindu god. He was mentioned by Robert E. Howard in "Shadows in Zamboula" (Weird Tales; November, 1935).
- Appearances of Hanuman (Deity) (Earth-616)
- 4 Minor Appearances of Hanuman (Deity) (Earth-616)
- Media Hanuman (Deity) (Earth-616) was Mentioned in
- 1 Images featuring Hanuman (Deity) (Earth-616)
- Quotations by or about Hanuman (Deity) (Earth-616)
- Character Gallery: Hanuman (Deity) (Earth-616)
- Hanuman at Wikipedia
Discover and Discuss
- Search this site for:
|Like this? Let us know!|