Virtually nothing was known of the past of the man known only as the Healer before he joined the underground community of mutants known as the Morlocks who lived in "The Alley", a huge tunnel located beneath Manhattan.
The Healer was amongst the few Morlocks that managed to escape the massacre of their community by the superhuman team of assassins known as the Marauders. The Healer was dispatched to Muir Island, home of the genetic research station run by Moira MacTaggert, to tend to the wounded survivors of the massacre.
Later, the Healer sought out the Morlocks' former leader, Callisto, to enlist her aid in resuming leadership of the Morlocks following the death of the usurper, Masque. Rejecting the Healer's request, Callisto was attacked by the Morlocks and both she and the Healer were injured in the battle. Seeking refuge with the superhuman mutant adventurers known as the X-Men, the Healer gave the final measure of his power to heal Callisto, leaving him a lifeless husk.
Following the foundation of a mutant state in Krakoa by the hand of Charles Xavier and his allies, Healer resurfaced as a citizen of the nation, having been presumably reborn by the hand of The Five, a group of mutants capable of combining their powers into a process of resurrection, brought together by Xavier as part of his plans for mutant ascension. On Krakoa, Healer worked in the Healing Gardens.
Powers and Abilities
Healer was a mutant with the following powers:
- Healing: Healer possessed the ability to tap into the specific gene that causes superhuman mutations, directing the mutagenic energy those cells produce into rapidly healing their owner's body from wounds or diseases. Healing particularly severe damage to another person's body caused the Healer great physical strain. His ability cannot affect normal humans, only active mutants.
- 19 appearance(s) of Healer (Morlock) (Earth-616)
- 2 minor appearance(s) of Healer (Morlock) (Earth-616)
- 5 mention(s) of Healer (Morlock) (Earth-616)
- 12 image(s) of Healer (Morlock) (Earth-616)