After the death of his father, Baron Hobart Zemo, in 1879 a young Herman assumed control of the Zemo Barony. Indifferent to the times, Herman allowed the Barony to be weakened by socialist reforms as was much of Germany. Herman's need for stronger allies led him to take part in World War I.
During the war, Herman encountered the original Union Jack and waged chemical warfare on British troops using mustard gas. Herman's time traveling grandson, Helmut, became annoyed with Herman's boasting at the slaughter of their enemies while his own men were starving and Castle Zemo was reduced to rubble.
Herman seemed to have an interest in the sciences much like his son and grandson. Herman added special additives to the mustard gas he used to kill the British soldiers to make it more potent.
He was a cold-blooded commander, who used his knowledge in engineering and science to increase the effectiveness of weapons (including chemical weapons).
Mustard gas of his own design as well as more conventional military weaponry
Captain America Medusa Effect establishes that Herman's son Heinrich also fought in World War I.
Possible continuity errors.
- Herman died of a heart attack in 1921 according to Zemo Born Better #4. But issue #3 shows a painting he and his wife posed for in 1932.
- That painting of Herman is shown in Thunderbolts #39 but is said to be of Heinrich and Hilda.
- 2 Appearances of Herman Zemo (Earth-616)
- Minor Appearances of Herman Zemo (Earth-616)
- Media Herman Zemo (Earth-616) was Mentioned in
- 1 Images featuring Herman Zemo (Earth-616)
- Quotations by or about Herman Zemo (Earth-616)
- Character Gallery: Herman Zemo (Earth-616)
Discover and Discuss
- Search this site for:
- ↑ Fabian Nicieza intended to name the 9th Baron Zemo Hoffman but did not get the chance to do so in the script for Zemo Born Better. http://www.comicboards.com/tbolts/view.php?rpl=070405140200
- ↑ Thunderbolts Presents Zemo Born Better #3
|Like this? Let us know!|