- You pay me to work -- I like to earn my pay.
- -- Luke Cage
Appearing in "Knights and White Satin!"
- Raymond Huxley Forsythe Jr.
- Three other unidentified hoodlums/hitmen
- Laura Forsythe
- Catherine Forsythe
- Raymond Huxley Forsythe Sr.
- United States of America
Synopsis for "Knights and White Satin!"
After busting up some hitmen who have come to try and assassinate him, Luke Cage is visited by Laura and Catherine Forsythe, who have come to seek his help because they believe that somebody is trying to kill their Polio stricken grandfather, the wealthy Raymond Huxley Forsythe Sr.
Luke agrees to take on the case and travels to their mansion in the country. Right from the start, the find peril in the way of traps and robots in suits of armor which attack both Luke and terrorize the Forsythes. When Raymond Forsythe requires immediate medical attention after the attack, he's sent away in an ambulance.
Luke eventually learns that there is another Forsythe, Raymond Jr., who only stands to earn Raymond Sr.'s fortune if Raymond Sr. dies before Raymond Jr.'s 25th Birthday. Luke then finds Forsythe Jr. in a hidden room within the mansion. The two have a brief battle where Luke knocks him out by throwing a table at him. After all is settled, Luke returns to New York a little richer, and with an additional payment: kisses from both the Forsythe women, right in front of Claire, which lands Luke in hot water.
- This issue features a letters page, Comments to Cage. Letters are published from Jerry Pearson, Dave McDonnell, S. Brenner, and Sheldon Wiebe.
- As seen on page one, this issue is Story#12252.
- Claire Temple is mistakenly referred to as "Clair" this issue.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Hero for Hire Vol 1 6 on the forums
- 1 Image(s) from Hero for Hire Vol 1 6
- 1 Reprints of Hero for Hire Vol 1 6
|Like this? Let us know!|