History of character is unknown.
He was a skilled combatant.
- The Hero of the Day resulted from an unauthorized adaptation of Harlan Ellison's short story "Soldier from Tomorrow." Editor-in-Chief Jim Shooter was not aware of the plagiarism until Roger Stern told him the day Incredible Hulk #286 hit the stands, since Harlan Ellison called in protest. By statute, Ellison's would have been in the hundreds of thousands of dollars, but he settled for the same money as Bill Mantlo was paid to "write" the script, an acknowledgement, plus a lifetime subscription to everything Marvel ever published. In order to save face, Marvel published a letter in issue #289 claiming they always intended to credit Ellison, but a last-minute mix-up caused Ellison's credit to be omitted.
- 3 Appearances of Hero of the Day (Earth-8386)
- 1 Minor Appearances of Hero of the Day (Earth-8386)
- Media Hero of the Day (Earth-8386) was Mentioned in
- 4 Images featuring Hero of the Day (Earth-8386)
- 1 Quotations by or about Hero of the Day (Earth-8386)
- Character Gallery: Hero of the Day (Earth-8386)
Discover and Discuss
- Search this site for:
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 World War Hulk: Gamma Files #1
- ↑ Cronin, Brian (29 June 2018). Comic Legends: When Marvel ‘Forgot’ to Credit Harlan Ellison for a Comic. CBR.com. Retrieved on 30 June 2018.
- ↑ Official Handbook of the Marvel Universe A-Z #5
- ↑ Official Handbook of the Marvel Universe A-Z hardcover Vol. 5
|Like this? Let us know!|
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.