After Blake died, Phillips and Fiske began investigating. Phillips met with Dr. Dexter, who admitted to believe the Shining Trapezohedron was tied to Blake's death. He stol and threw the jewel into the Narragansett Bay. Phillips kept on his investigations, reading old books and records, and seeking the full story of the shadow demon. He was found dead three days later, presumably killed by Nyarlathotep or his panthers.
- In "The Shadow From the Steeple" (September, 1950) by Robert Bloch, this character was originally Howard Phillips Lovecraft. In the adaptation of that story in Journey into Mystery Vol 2 #5 (June, 1973), Lovecraft was renamed Howard Phillips.
- This story was a sequel to "The Haunter of the Dark" (December, 1936) by H.P. Lovecraft, adapted in Journey into Mystery Vol 2 #4 (April, 1973), and in which Robert Blake (based on Robert Bloch) was killed.
- It was itself a sequel of "The Shambler from the Stars" (September, 1935) by Robert Bloch, in which a reclusive scholar living in Providence, and based on Lovecraft, was killed. In the adaptation of that story in Journey into Mystery Vol 2 #3 (February, 1973), the reclusive scholar was portraited by Jim Starlin in traits ressembling H.P. Lovecraft.
- Though this character is to considered separated from Howard Phillips Lovecraft, Lovecraft is still a character on his own in the Marvel Universe, being mentioned on occasion.
- 1 Appearances of Howard Phillips (Earth-616)
- Minor Appearances of Howard Phillips (Earth-616)
- Media Howard Phillips (Earth-616) was Mentioned in
- Images featuring Howard Phillips (Earth-616)
- Quotations by or about Howard Phillips (Earth-616)
- Character Gallery: Howard Phillips (Earth-616)
Discover and Discuss
- Search this site for:
|Like this? Let us know!|