Howard Phillips Lovecraft was an American author specializing in the genre of "weird fiction".
He is most widely recognized for creating a pantheon of cosmic beings commonly known as the "Great Old Ones".
Legacy in Marvel Comics
Images Attributed to Howard Phillips Lovecraft (Earth-1218)
- Lovecraft has been established to exist in Marvel universes, and to have wrote about certain entities that exist within those universes (It isn't revealed how he came in knowledge of those creatures, or if other H.P. Lovecraft's material in the Earth-1218 universe were also documented by those counterparts):
- In Earth-616, Thunderbolts Annual Vol 2 #1 (December 18, 2013) established that Lovecraft wrote about the True Faeries, refered to as Old Ones.
- In Earth-1610, Ultimate Fantastic Four #31 (August, 2006) established that Lovecraft wrote about the great old ones, including Zvilpogghua, the Feaster from the Stars.
- Robert Bloch wrote "The Shambler From the Stars" (adapted in Journey into Mystery Vol 2 #3; February, 1973) in which he had a reclusive scholar living in Providence, based on Lovecraft, killed. Lovecraft replied with "The Haunter of the Dark" (adapted in Journey into Mystery Vol 2 #4; April, 1973), in which Robert Blake, based on Robert Bloch, was killed as well.
- The central author of the Cthulhu Mythos, Lovecraft is himself a character within the Mythos, mentioned in "Beyond the Treshold" (1941) and "The Dweller in Darkness", stories by August Derleth, as as an author existing within the Mythos' universe.
- No trivia
Links and References
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.