- Maybe Hulk not leave yet.
- -- Hulk upon seeing hundreds of Wendigos.
Appearing in "World's Finest"
- Numerous unidentified Wendigo
Races and Species:
Synopsis for "World's Finest"
On the trial of the Red Hulk, Bruce Banner tracked him to Las Vegas where he discovered a pack of Wendigo that have also been hunting his foe. This led to a transformation into his grey Hulk incarnation, Joe Fixit. Fixit's battle with the Wendigo was then interrupted when Moon Knight attacked him. After knocking out Moon Knight, the Hulk was then confronted by Ms. Marvel and the Sentry. Fixit tosses Moon Knight into the sky, prompting the Sentry to go and catch him. Ms. Marvel then swoops in for the attack, knocking the gray Hulk into a massive neon sign. Not only does this cause a powersurge that plunges the area into darkness, but it also angers the Hulk enough to change from the grey Mr. Fixit into the green savage.
Meanwhile, the Sentry catches up to Moon Knight, but he doesn't want to be rescued. Blinding the Sentry, he twists away and uses his cape to glide back to the ground. He tells the Sentry that he and Ms. Marvel's interference has messed things up and orders him to clean up their mess. By the time the masked hero gets to the ground, the Hulk has grabbed hold of Ms. Marvel. Moon Knight then shoves sonic disruptors into the Hulk's ears. The high pitch sound causes the Hulk a great deal of pain and the brute then tries to leap away. However, the Sentry slams the Hulk onto the top of the Stratosphere Hotel and Casino, damaging the rides on top of the structure and endangering the patrons. Ms. Marvel flies up and helps the Sentry and repair the tower before it can collapse to the ground.
It's then that Moon Knight calls out to them and points out that the Wendigo are still running amok on the street. Seeing all the people in danger, the Hulk decides that maybe he should try to leave just yet.
Appearing in "...Like a Woman Scorned!"
Supporting Characters: (All Join the Lady Liberators)
- Tigra (Greer Grant)
- Hellcat (Patsy Walker)
- Black Widow (Natasha Romanoff)
- Storm (Ororo Munroe)
- Invisible Woman (Sue Richards)
- Spider-Woman ("Jessica Drew") (Secretly a Skrull)
Races and Species:
Synopsis for "...Like a Woman Scorned!"
She-Hulk, Thundra, and Valkyrie have reformed the Lady Liberators to track down the Red Hulk. Tracking him down to Mount Rushmore, their battle takes a turn when the Red Hulk manages to wrap a chain around She-Hulk's neck and threatens to drop her to her death if her two teammates don't surrender and party with him; however, they stall for time and suddenly charge. While Valkyrie tosses her sword to cut the chain, Thundra shoots the Red Hulk point blank in the face. She-Hulk begins to fall, but she is saved from the fatal fall by Valkyrie's flying horse Aragorn.
Flying above their foe, She-Hulk then leaps down and knocks the Red Hulk to the ground with a blow powerful enough to cleave off Abraham Lincoln's face from Mount Rushmore. Wrapping the chain around the Red Hulk's neck, Jennifer begins strangling him allow Valkyrie to stab him through the chest with Dragonfang; hwever, the Red Hulk is playing possum long enough to grab the gun out of Thundra's hand. Getting up, the Red Hulk pulls his sword out of his chest and tells the women going to decapitate them; however, before he can try, the three women are joined by the Invisible Woman, Spider-Woman, Storm, Tigra, Hellcat, and the Black Widow.
- The Sentry tries to remind the Hulk that they were friends, which they were since Sentry: Hulk #1. However, this changed when the Sentry was summoned to battle the Hulk in World War Hulk #5.
... Like a Woman Scorned
- The woman who appears to be Spider-Woman here is actually a Skrull spy as revealed in Secret Invasion #1.
- This issue is reprinted in other comics and books, see references for more info.
- The title of the story "World's Finest" is a nod to the fact that the Sentry and Moon Knight are based on Superman and Batman respectively. Superman and Batman used to regularly team-up in through the entire run of World's Finest Comics.
|Like this? Let us know!|