Hybrid is the amalgamation of four of the Life Foundation Symbiotes (Riot, Phage, Lasher, and Agony) - whose hosts were killed by Scream - into a single symbiote entity. The fused symbiote then sought out Scott Washington, an African-American man who was a Guardsman at the Vault (the prison for supervillains) lab facility. While guarding the symbiotes, they escaped their containment field and temporarily bonded with him. It was then that he realized that they were not evil, not a threat, and the experiments were causing them terrible pain, so he let them go when he had the chance. When the Hybrid symbiote located and bonded with him, he regained the ability to walk, and more. Scott has a lot of anger, so often the symbiote hold him back from acts of violence, not the other way around. Since his symbiote was originally four different entities, Scott has to contend with four different voices / personalities in his head besides his own.
When Eddie Brock started his hunt for symbiotes, he first targeted Hybrid. While Washington was patrolling the streets of his neighborhood, Brock paralyzed him with an electric discharge. A confused Hybrid asked why Brock was attacking him, and although he knew Scott was a hero, Brock shot and killed him.
After the human members of Mercury Team were killed by Carnage, the four symbiotes bonded to Deadpool in order to take revenge on their "brother". After Carnage and his ally Shriek were defeated, Deadpool passed the amalgamated symbiotes to the dog Lasher.
The dog started wandering the state - the Hybrid symbiote succumbing to Knull's corrupting influence - until it came across a young girl named Sadie, who was crying over her family. The dog comforted her and Sadie invited it inside, where - in response to Sadie's wish for a way for her family to stay together - the symbiotes separated and took over Sadie's parents, her brother Billy, and finally Sadie herself. After the family were separated from the symbiotes by the Maker and were being kept in the test tubes, they broke out and bonded to Maker, who then begun attacking Dylan Brock.
While Hybrid was distracted by the arrival of Spider-Man, Captain America, and the Thing, Dylan freed the Sleeper symbiote and seized control of it using his symbiote-powers. Doused in napalm by Sleeper, Hybrid was subsequently set ablaze by Hawkeye; though the Maker managed to escape the inferno and flee into the sewers.
The four Life Foundation symbiotes survived and recovered, still in the thrall of Knull, and when he arrived on Earth they were once again sent to hunt for Dylan Brock. Coming across Scream - now bonded to Andi Benton - the four symbiotes merged into Hybrid and attempted to assimilate their estranged sister, but were blown apart by Scream's Hell-Mark. While Andi assumed she'd killed Hybrid, the gestalt symbiote surreptitiously reformed and escaped into the sewers.
Symbiote Biology: Like Spider-Man and Venom, Hybrid has wall-crawling and web-slinging abilities, he can form his symbiote into pseudopodia or tendrils creating snares and bladed weapons. The symbiote also has camouflage abilities and can blend in with its surroundings. It can mimic clothing. Hybrid has a border-line warning sense and can "see" through his symbiote. He possesses some degree of superhuman strength, can detach a piece of his symbiote to send messages to his friends and allies, and can shape his symbiote to form a membrane that allows him to glide through the air. Hybrid's suit can also absorb chemicals, such as Spider-Man's synthetic webbing.
Like most of his other symbiote counterparts such as Venom and Carnage, Hybrid has superhuman stength. When Hybrid bonded to Scott Washington, he regained his ability to walk again which he had lost during a gang fight.
- Superhuman Strength
- Muscle Mass Enhancement: Agony had been modifed by the U.S. Government to give its user added musculature growth in order to further bolster their physical strength. Enabling the usage and carrying around high end heavy duty ordinance normally found upon a aerial assault albatross.
- Superhuman Durability
- Superhuman Stamina
- Super Speed: Riot can move at a very fast velocity, even faster than the human eye can see.
- Superhuman Senses: Phage's government mods augmented the hosts sensory awareness, making shooting a target from miles off with a high powered firearm easier than using a butter churn.
- Accelerated Healing Factor
- Wall-Crawling
- ESP (Spider-Sense)
- Immunity to Spider-Man's Spider-Sense
- Webbing Generation
- Superhuman Sight
- Camouflage Capabilities
- Metabolic Acid Generation: Agony could also use her metabolism to spit acid, which could burn through most substances, however the full extent or limit and range of her acid projectiles are unknown.
- Metabolic Chemical Absorption: Agony could even absorb and redistribute chemicals in different ways, (such as regurgitating Spider-Man's artificial webbing.) This ability has not been shown in any of the other LF symbiotes.
- Constituent-Matter Generation
- Constituent-Matter Manipulation (Bladed Weapons): Phage's primary method of attack was to form his symbiotic costume into long serrated blades and slash or stab his opponents. This ability was also possessed by his brother, Carnage.
- Constituent-Matter Manipulation (Blunt Weapons): Unlike his fellow symbiotes, Riot's symbiote preferred to create large bludgeoning weapons like hammers and maces from his arms. This was presumably caused by Trevor's aggressive mentality.
- Constituent-Matter Manipulation (Multiple Tendrils): Unlike its fellow symbiotes, the Lasher symbiote preferred to create tentacles on his back. Its primary method of attack was to form long whip-like tendrils that acted as limbs so as to be more effective against opponents, ensnaring and lashing them. They had an apparent mucous membrane encompassing them.
- Remote Symbiosis: After tempering by the government, the Lasher symbiote was given the ability to physiologically bond too and extend itself between a pilot user and the corpse of a non-sentient entity. Namely dogs or other small bipedal animals, creating a ranged means of attack with which it's host can issue orders too through a mimetic mouthpiece generated from one of their limbs; issuing orders to either move, return, strike or maul a designated assailant.
- Emotion Control: The symbiote is able to maintain the emotions of it's host. Scott Washington, a previous owner, had anger issues the symbiote maintained his emotions.
Intense Heat: The symbiote is highly vulnerable to intense heat or strong flames.
Intense Sound: The symbiote is highly sensitive to strong sounds.
Multiple Personalities: Since his symbiote was originally four different entities, Scott Washington, a previous owner, had to contend with four different voices/personalities in his head besides his own.
- 14 Appearances of Hybrid (Klyntar) (Earth-616)
- 4 Minor Appearances of Hybrid (Klyntar) (Earth-616)
- Media Hybrid (Klyntar) (Earth-616) was Mentioned in
- 15 Images featuring Hybrid (Klyntar) (Earth-616)
- Quotations by or about Hybrid (Klyntar) (Earth-616)
- Character Gallery: Hybrid (Klyntar) (Earth-616)
Discover and Discuss
- Search this site for:
|Like this? Let us know!|