Appearing in "You're Probably Wondering Why I Called You Here Today..."
- Hulkbusters (First appearance)
- Jennifer Walters (Mentioned)
- Doctor Fisher (Mentioned)
Races and Species:
- Bellamy's Gyro-Copter
Synopsis for "You're Probably Wondering Why I Called You Here Today..."
Having been released from hospital after his separation from the Hulk, Bruce Banner has set up operations in the new Hulkbuster Base and is in the process of forming his own team of Hulkbusters. He has called demolition expert Craig Saunders, aquatic researcher Carolyn Parmenter, hostile terrain expert Samuel LaRoquette, xeno-biologist Dr. Armand Martel, and lastly geophysicist Hideko Takata. He tells them that he has gathered them together to destroy the Hulk once and for all. At first these gathered professional refuse to sign on, but when Banner points out that they have all been blacklisted from their chosen professions, they have little else to do.
Meanwhile, Doc Samson continues his hunt for the Hulk across the New Mexico desert. His search is interrupted by reporter Dianne Bellamy has followed him and tries to convince him to allow her to join him along. She shows him a two-person helicopter that she got on loan from her television station to help them in their search. As Samson explains how dangerous it is, the Hulk suddenly emerges from the ground, having been hiding in the area the whole time. Pushing Danielle aside, Samson begins trading blows with the Hulk once again. Back at Hulkbuster Base, Carolyn meets with Samuel in the cafeteria to talk about what their next course of action should be. LaRoquette suggests that they take up Banner's offer, join the Hulkbusters, then redeem themselves by helping put an end to the Hulk. While back in the middle of the desert, Doc Samson continues his battle with the Hulk while Dianne records it.
Back at Hulkbuster Base, Bruce Banner begins keeping a journal to record his thoughts. With this new chapter in his life now beginning, Banner decides that he needs to gather the strength to do what he needs to do. Meanwhile, the Hulk's battle with Samson turns deadly when the Hulk causes a landslide. With the Hulk leaping away, Samson is forced to prevent Dianne from being smothered alive, allowing the Hulk the chance to escape. When she still insists that she tag along with him, Samson knocks her out and takes her helicopter, radioing her television station to tell them where Dianne is located. While back at Hulkbuster Base, the group that Banner has gathered together and they all agree to join the Hulkbusters. While elsewhere in the facility, Bruce Banner musters up the courage to propose to Betty.
- Bruce Banner is separated from the Hulk in Incredible Hulk #315. However, this separation proves hazardous to their continued existence and Banner is forced to merge with the Hulk again in Incredible Hulk #323.
- In GammaGrams, (the letters page), letters are printed from: Sam LeMaine, Tom Taggart, Steve McGaha, David Kamazyn, Roger Z. Cadenhead, John van de Groenekan, Joe Dilberto, Justin Smith & Teena Smith, Bill Barre, and Matt Ornbaun.
- This issue is reprinted in comics and books, see references for info.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Incredible Hulk Vol 1 317 on the forums
- Images from Incredible Hulk Vol 1 317
|Like this? Let us know!|