Appearing in "Punishment Fit the Crime"
- New York City
- Central Park
- Gaslight Club
- White House (Mentioned)
- Hartford (Mentioned), Connecticut (Mentioned)
- Bangor (Mentioned), Maine (Mentioned)
- Logan Airport (Mentioned)
Synopsis for "Punishment Fit the Crime"
In New York City, the Punisher watches as the Hulk leaps across the air. He associates this hero as one of the many who pal around with Nick Fury, the man he blames for the death of his family. He briefly considers the fact that the Hulk has been persecuted as well, but believes that Fury is pulling the Hulk's strings along with everyone else. At S.H.I.E.L.D. headquarters, Nick Fury fields a call from Doc Samson, but doesn't want Samson to get any more involved than he already done enough. After ending the call, Fury is told that they have three different Punisher sightings.
Meanwhile, in Central Park, the Hulk meets with the Angel who has information on the person responsible for calling a raid on the Abomination's sewer sanctuary. Unaware that they are being watched by the Punisher, the Angel shows him a picture of Wulf Christopher a local drug dealer. In his demented state, the Punisher begins to make a connection between Christopher, Nick Fury and the death of his family. The Hulk decides to pay a visit to Christopher and have a talk with him. The Hulk tracks Wulf down to the Gaslight Club a literary-themed restaurant. While the Hulk watches from outside, the Punisher sneaks in through the kitchen. There he intimidates the cooks into revealing the location of Wulf Christopher. At that moment, the Hulk comes crashing into Wulf's office where he demands that the drug dealer make a full confession. While the two match words, the Punisher runs into the dining area of the Gaslight Club where he opens fire on the hired guns that are paid to protect Wulf.
When word that the Punisher is on his way up, Christopher begs the Hulk to protect him from the vigilante. However, the Hulk refuses to budge unless Christopher agrees to confess. Meanwhile, S.H.I.E.L.D. forces are on their way. Wulf begs the Hulk do something when Fury and his forces arrive. When Fury tells the Hulk to help stop the Punisher and that they have no beef against him, the Hulk doesn't believe it after how they last treated him. As the Hulk clashes with S.H.I.E.L.D., the Punisher gets through Wulf's guards. Down to his last bullet, he is only able to wing the criminal. Nick Fury tries to stop the Punisher from killing Wulf, the vigilante manages to escape. When Fury calls for back up, all his troops have been incapacitated by the Hulk. When Fury chastises the Hulk for what he has done, but the Hulk thinks that S.H.I.E.L.D. were in the wrong this time around, and not the Punisher. Meanwhile, the Punisher drives away in his van, vowing to get revenge against Fury once and for all.
- The Punisher has been brainwashed into thinking that Nick Fury is responsible for the murder of his family. This happened in Double Edge Alpha #1.
- The original twin towers are seen at the site of the World Trade Center. Since these towers were destroyed in a terrorist attack on September 11, 2001, their appearance here should be considered a topical reference per the Sliding Timescale of Earth-616.
- The Hulk mentions the last two times he dealt with S.H.I.E.L.D. which occurred in Incredible Hulk #410, 411, and 426.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Incredible Hulk Vol 1 433 on the forums
- 1 Images from Incredible Hulk Vol 1 433
|Like this? Let us know!|