Appearing in "Playdate"
Races and Species:
Synopsis for "Playdate"
In a diner in Coconino County, Arizona, Bruce Banner tell his son Skaar to drink his milkshake; Skaar thinks that it is poison and warns Banner that if it is a trick, then he's dead; Banner shoots back that he's already sworn to kill him six times already. Just then, his iPod signals him that the Juggernaut has arrived, angry at the destruction of his house and his three million dollars worth of stolen cash. However, the Juggernaut has no interest in Skaar, but to pummel Banner. Skaar happily steps aside. Luckily, Banner's personal shields protect him. The sheer force of the Juggernaut's punches causes tremors and the ground to split open. Skaar catches the diner cook and then slices him in half, revealing the cook to be a Life Model Decoy.
Skaar then decides to fight, throwing the diner on the Juggernaut, before engaging in a fist fight. However, hid Old power is no match for the Juggernaut's magical strength. Skaar then reverts to his child form. A stunned Juggernaut looks away at Banner, only for the moment of distraction to allow Skaar to catch him off guard and throw him up in the air. He leaps up at his foe before they both plunge down into magma, which they're both invulnerable to. After Skaar tells the Juggernaut that the Hulk abandoned him, they decide to team up. But when they come back up, Skaar double-crosses Juggernaut and throws him into space.
Meanwhile, Mr. Fantastic and Beast are discussing the battle. Banner had ruined their watch on the Juggernaut and expresses that he may be dangerous. He also advised Mr. Fantastic to say out of the way. In a comic shop in Arlington, Texas, Banner introduces Skaar to Conan the Barbarian, who greatly resembles himself. However, their casual moment is interrupted by the arrival of Wolverine.
Appearing in "Clash of Furies"
- Norman Osborn (Appears on a computer screen, TV, or hologram only)
- Gamma Corps: Black
- General Ryker (Appears in Flashback)
- Alexander Erde (Corpse)
- Wolverine (Daken) (On-screen)
- Spider-Man (Mac Gargan) (On-screen)
- She-Hulk (Jennifer Walters) (On-screen)
- Abomination (Only in flashback)
- Zzzax (Only in flashback)
- Glob (Only in flashback)
Races and Species:
Synopsis for "Clash of Furies"
Flashing to three days ago, Norman Osborn is instructing Norman Osborn to capture Lyra and secure Boudicca, who has incriminating evidence that could embarrass him. Furthermore, Osborn hopes to gain knowledge on how to make superpowers commonplace, in which all people would pay him to get them. Ryker promises that Origins Corporation will catch and experiment her. He also adds that Jennifer Walters, the first She-Hulk, whom Origins was planning on capturing but couldn't due to her political connections, had captured Abomination, Zzzax and the Glob so that their DNA could be used on Gamma Corps: Black.
In the present, Lyra swears that Gamma Corps: Black are "dead women" for killing her comrade Alexander Erde. Aberration tries punching her into submission, only to be reminded by Axon that they need her alive; they then take Boudicca off Lyra's wrist. Just as their recovery ship arrives, Lyra goes into her calm, trance-like state and breaks free of Morass' grip, before slamming the aircraft to the ground. Gamma Corps: Black then splits up to find her.
As Morass scouts through a canyon, Lyra ambushes her, before dissipating her body. Morass attempts to reconstitute herself with the rock around her, only to learn that it is alkali salt, solidifying her. Lyra then shatters Morass, before writing "Dead Women" on her remains, to warn the others that she will come for them.
marks the spot as the most insane father and son duo in the Marvel Universe take on one of the Green Goliath's most formidable adversaries. That's right, it's the JUGGERNAUT, bi--bi--boys and girls! What happens when an unstoppable force meets the Old Power and the gamma-fueled genes of the Strongest One There Is? Massive destruction and emotional revelation, that's what! Continuing the acclaimed writer Greg Pak's return to the "Incredible Hulk,”plus, in the "Savage She-Hulk" backup story written by Fred Van Lente, Lyra takes on the all-new Gamma Corps Black!
- Bruce Banner recounts how his son Skaar lived on a dangerous world where he had to kill or be killed. This is a reference to the events of Skaar: Son of Hulk #1-10.
Clash of Furies:
- Mention is made of General Ryker's failed Gamma Corps mission from World War Hulk: Gamma Corps #1-4.
- Ryker talks about his original pursuit of the Hulk which was chronicled in Incredible Hulk Vol 2 #13-20.
- Ryker also talks about how She-Hulk was instrumental in him getting DNA samples from the Abomination, Zzzax and the Glob. She captured all three villains when she was an agent of SHIELD back in She-Hulk Vol 2 #15-18.
Clash of Furies A flashback in this story affects the chronology of the following characters:
- Based on the Marvel Legacy renumbering infographic, this issue is actually Incredible Hulk Vol 1 601. A different editorial count resulted in its publication as Vol 1 #602.
Links and References
|Like this? Let us know!|