- You already know. Lies. I've deceived all of you. Used all of you. My best friends...the heroes I most admire in the world...and my only son. Because if any of you knew all the different angles I'm playing...you'd never trust me again. But I've wrapped my brain around this a billion times...and this is the only way...the only possible chance I have to save the world...and my wife.
- -- Bruce Banner
Appearing in "Endgame"
- Skaar (See Chronology)
- A-Bomb (Rick Jones)
- Amadeus Cho
- She-Hulk (Lyra)
- Wolverine (Logan) (See Chronology)
- Spider-Man (Peter Parker) (See Chronology)
- Sub-Mariner (See Chronology)
- Frightful Four
- A.I.Marines (First appearance)
- Glenn Talbot (Secretly a LMD)
- War Machine (James Rhodes)
- Dr. Doom (Victor von Doom)
- Mr. Fantastic (Reed Richards)
- Wasp (Hank Pym)
- Beast (Hank McCoy)
- Black Panther
- Red Hulk
- Bruce Banner-10508 (First appearance) (Illusion)
- Betty Banner (First appearance) (Illusion)
Synopsis for "Endgame"
Banner and his group fight through the Red Ghost and the Super-Apes to get to his wife Betty.He used an EMP against Glenn Talbot, who he thinks is an android, only for it to have no effect. Worse, Betty resents him for going into space an marrying Caiera, before coming back and destroying New York and helping the leader capture Mr. Fantastic and the Wasp.
The Leader and the Fearful Four are watching this. However, Wizard is confused as to why one man is distracted by one woman. The Leader explains that they got Banner out of the way, so that their plan can go accordingly. Then suddenly, their Helicarrier is attacked by Banner, Skaar, Namor, Spider-man and Wolverine. In truth, the Banner at the military base is Amadeus Cho, cloaked holographically.
At that moment, Cho is attempting to explains to Betty about her husband's absence, only for her to to punch him in the face. Talbot then shoves Betty into a presidential bunker, before he teleports out.
Meanwhile, Banner's group faces the Fearsome Four. Meanwhile, Banner is helped by Lyra disconnect the Leader's captives, before Banner uses his taser to blast her out. Confused, Skaar demands to know what's going on. Meanwhile, Cho informs Banner that he is seeing multiple military men being ready to be turned into Hulks and states that they must stop this. Banner refuses, for it's Red hulk's job. Surprised that his father is working with Red Hulk, he once again demands to know what's happened. Baner explains that he has used everyone so that he could save the world and his wife. Skaar then goes to battle Red She-Hulk. Once Banner has safetly disconnected the other smartest men in the world and the Avengers are coming to pick them up. Unfortunately, he then learns that the Leader has captured Red Hulk and uses him to Hulkify Washington D.C. Skaar attempts to extract Banner, only for an explosion to separate him. Banner then sees a bunch of hulkified Avengers standing before him.
One years later, Banner wakes up from what seems like a terrible dream, with Betty right beside him. But in reality, he is really hooked up a virtual reality. Right beside his inert body, are the Leader, Red She-Hulk and M.O.D.O.K., smiling intently.
Appearing in "Big, Red, and Deadly!"
- Elektra's Sai
- Domino's Gun
Synopsis for "Big, Red, and Deadly!"
The Leader and M.O.D.O.K. review Red She-Hulk's first mission, in which she engaged bot Elektra and Domino. The two mercenaries attempt to attack her from two end. However, none of their weapons does any damage except burn her clothes. Red She-Hulk then grabs Domino, before carrying her to the under construction building nearby. Red She-Hulk then tears off Domino's jumpsuit, rendering her naked and dangling by the leg. Elektra is able to swing by a rescue Domino, though without her outfit, stabbing Red She-Hulk with her sai.
As the two escape, Doc Samson arrives and pulls the sai out of Red She-Hulk's spine. He tells her that she is don Domino's uniform and sai, to trick everyone into thinking that she killed Elektra and Domino. Her job is to lure Red Hulk to him, while distracting everyone else.
After finding the recording, the two villains not that Red She-Hulk lets her emotions get the better of her However, as long as she remains under their control, they have nothing to fear from Banner or the Red Hulk.
FALL OF THE HULKS Conclusion! Years ago, the Hulk helped found the Avengers -- and then almost immediately smashed his way into becoming one of the Avengers' greatest nemesis. Now in the wake of the Intelligencia's crippling attack on the World's Mightiest Heroes, Bruce Banner's actually leading a group of Avengers -- but can he be trusted any more than his big green alter ego was back in the day? Plus, the reveal of the master plan of the Leader and M.O.D.O.K. and the true motivations of Skaar, Son of Hulk, in the stunning conclusion of the "Fall of the Hulks" and the shocking kickoff to the upcoming "World War Hulks" blockbuster! Plus: the conclusion of the Red She-Hulk backup story behind her first appearance!
- This story takes place concurrently with events seen in Hulk Vol 2 #21, Hulked-Out Heroes #1, World War Hulks: Wolverine & Captain America #1, and World War Hulks: Spider-Man & Thor #1.
- The man who appears to be Glenn Talbot in this story is actually a Life Model Decoy, as revealed in Hulk Vol 2 #22. Bruce mentions that the real Glenn Talbot is dead, he died in Incredible Hulk #260.
- Betty Ross mentions a number of recent moments in the Hulk's life:
- She recounts how the Hulk was shot into space in Incredible Hulk Vol 2 #91.
- How he married Caiera the Oldstrong in Incredible Hulk Vol 2 #103.
- The Hulk's attack on New York City from World War Hulk #1-5.
- The capture of Reed Richards and Hank Pym. This happened in Hulk Vol 2 #19 and Incredible Hulk #607.
- Amadeus Cho calls Betty Ross "Miz Banner", this is because she and Bruce Banner had married back in Incredible Hulk #319.
Big, Red and Deadly!:
- This story takes place during the events of Hulk Vol 2 #15.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Incredible Hulk Vol 1 608 on the forums
- Images from Incredible Hulk Vol 1 608
Links and References
|Like this? Let us know!|