- Time and time again, your anger and power have threatened the entire planet. So when we learned that Fury sent you into space, we had to seize the opportunity. I have always thought of us as friends, Bruce, so I am truly, genuinely sorry. But for your sake and ours, we're sending you away. It's the only way we can be sure.
Appearing in "Exile, Part 1"
- Denebo Aruc III (First appearance)
- Red King Angmo-Asan (First appearance)
- Death's Head Guard (First appearance)
- Illuminati (Appears on a computer screen, TV, or hologram only)
Races and Species:
- Sakaarans (First appearance)
- Amebids (First appearance)
- Drammoths (First appearance)
- Great Devil Corkers (First appearance)
- Mawkaw Magkong (First appearance)
- Arquindae (First appearance)
- Sakaar (First appearance)
- Great Portal (First appearance)
- Cloak of Levitation (Appears on a computer screen, TV, or hologram only)
- Eye of Agamotto (Appears on a computer screen, TV, or hologram only)
- Extremis Armor (Appears on a computer screen, TV, or hologram only)
- Fantastic Four Uniform (Appears on a computer screen, TV, or hologram only)
- Obedience Disk (First appearance)
- Control Staff (First appearance) (Unnamed)
Synopsis for "Exile, Part 1"
The Hulk has been blasted off into space by the Illuminati, a clandestine group consisting of Mr. Fantastic, Doctor Strange, Iron Man, and Black Bolt. They apologize to the Hulk, but insist that this was necessary to save Earth from its inevitable destruction at the hands of the Hulk. The Illuminati promised a perfect destination, a lush planet full of wildlife but no intelligent life forms. Furious at this betrayal, the Hulk lashes out of the ship, sending it off course. It ends up traveling through a great portal and he emerges on a vicious planet inhabited by an alien race and governed by the Red King. Weakened by the portal, the Hulk is easily defeated by slavers who tag him with an obedience disc that saps his will.
When he awakes from his travels to an unknown destination, Hulk finds himself in a gladiatorial arena accompanied by a number of feeble-looking bugs with swords and armor. One of the insects is a creature called Miek the Unhived. Seeing the Hulk's great strength, Miek instantly admires the gamma-spawned monster. The crowds cheer and the Red King looks on as a vicious creature known as the Great Devil Corker emerges from the ground. It swallows Hulk much to the crowd’s annoyance, but seconds later the creature bursts open and among its remains stands our green friend. More of the creatures come but Hulk takes care of them in no time at all, whilst receiving loud cheers from the crowd. Ultimately, the battle is won thanks to the Hulk and Miek tells him that they will potentially be pardoned. However, the Hulk wants nothing but revenge and tries to attack the Red King. His bodyguard, Ciera the Oldstrong blasts the Hulk back and Angmo goes into the arena in a powerful exoskeleton to battle the Hulk one-on-one. Both combatants manage to cut each others face. However, when the Hulk is about to win the battle, Ciera steps in again and incapacitates the Hulk. Dubbed the Green Scar, the Hulk is carried away. The Red King decides that the Hulk and the other gladiators will be taken to the Maw.
The Maw is the empire's top gladiator school, where few survive. As Hulk looks upon the monstrous gladiator school he expresses his feelings: ‘this is gonna be fun!’.
- The Illuminati's scheme to exile the Hulk into space following his rampage through Las Vegas, as seen in Fantastic Four #533-535. The scheme was formulated in New Avengers: Illuminati #1.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Incredible Hulk Vol 2 92 on the forums
- 14 Images from Incredible Hulk Vol 2 92
Links and References
|Like this? Let us know!|