Appearing in "Chapter Five: Blast Off"
- Incredible Hulks
- Secret Avengers
Synopsis for "Chapter Five: Blast Off"
A young boy named Harvey is chasing his grandfather's pigeon, which flew off without a reason. He climbs over some rocks to find it hovering around Skaar. Due to birds being dependent on the planet's gravitational field, the pigeon felt an imbalance. Sitting behind Skaar is the Hulk, who advises Harvey to be quiet. Skaar uses the Old Power to sense the approach of his twin brother, Hiro-Kala. Harvey then rushes home to find his grandfather watching the news, detailing the President promise that they will take out the approaching planet K'ai. However, Hiro-Kala shoots rocks from K'ai's surface that intercept the approaching missiles
The scene then cuts to the Hulk smashing his way through countless U.S. shuttles. The Secret Avengers respond to his appearance and manage to subdue him. But in reality, Hulk was prepared, as A-Bomb, She-Hulk, Red She-Hulk, and Korg leap up from the ground. Commander Steve Rogers attempts to talk to Hulk, warning him that his team have Starktech weapons ready to fire on them and send them to the Negative Zone if they don't stand down. Hulk then turns back into Banner, who still rejects Rogers' offer to join forces.
Banner then goes on to explain about his second son, Hiro-Kala and the possibility that the outcome may involve having to kill him or he'll destroy everything. It is then that Skaar raises the Warbound's stone ship that they used for Hulk's war on Earth to allow the other Incredible Hulks to go and take the fight to K'ai , and to Hiro-Kala. Rogers is then on the line with the President, who acknowledges that they may have to rely on The Incredible Hulks for this one.
Appearing in "Skaar: Underestimated"
Synopsis for "Skaar: Underestimated"
In Gamma Base in New Mexico, A-Bomb asks Banner as to why Skaar is with them. The answer is that they may need him. A-Bomb then suggests that he could probably stash him in a certain old vault. Flashing back to days earlier, Banner is showing Skaar his vault, a safehouse that was designed to hold the Hulk.
But instead, Skaar locks him inside. Skaar insists that he'd be allowed to join the mission, citing the dangers he had faced before coming to Earth. Banner defends that he's trying to give him a better childhood than what his father gave him. Skaar then opens the vault, insisting that he comes with him, no matter what. In the present, Banner includes Skaar with the battle planning, promising to teach him how to play chess.
As the Hulk's long-lost son Hiro-Kala rockets towards us across the solar system, Steve Rogers and the Secret Avengers face a much more immediate threat -- three tons of Incredible Hulks cutting loose right here on Planet Earth! Forced to choose between his son and his planet, whose side will the Hulk take? And how will that affect his fragile bonds with his savage son Skaar and his even more savage wife, the Red She-Hulk? No one can save you like your family. But no one can drive you crazier. And when you're talking about a family of Hulks, it's that second part that makes the whole world tremble in fear. Written by "Planet Hulk" scribe Greg Pak and featuring the Hulk debut of fan favorite penciler Barry Kitson.
PLUS: the first two installments of the S.M.A.S.H. FILES, secret stories of the Incredible Hulks!
- The depictions of Barack Obama as President of the United States should be considered a topical reference per the Sliding Timescale of Earth-616.
- Commander Rogers mentions the Hulk's last rampage through Manhattan. That happened in World War Hulk #1-5.
- Bruce takes Skaar down to the cave that was first used to contain the Hulk circa Incredible Hulk #3.
- Skaar mentions surviving Axeman Bone, the Red King, the Silver Surfer, Galactus and the Hulk in the past. He is referring to the events of Skaar: Son of Hulk #1-12 and Incredible Hulk #611.
- Based on the Marvel Legacy renumbering infographic, this issue is actually Incredible Hulk Vol 1 613. A different editorial count resulted in its publication as Incredible Hulks Vol 1 #614.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Incredible Hulks Vol 1 614 on the forums
- 3 Image(s) from Incredible Hulks Vol 1 614
- 2 Reprints of Incredible Hulks Vol 1 614
Links and References
|Like this? Let us know!|