In recent years, Indra was temporarily invited to join the Trimurti and replace Shiva, preoccupied elsewhere.
At this role, and under Shiva's form, he met with Thor who came to Nirvana for a portion of the Daevaes' life-energies to restore the Asgardians to life after their confrontation with the Celestials and their annihilation. "Shiva" would not offer him the energies at first, but relented upon realizing the passion of Thor's mission.
Indra possesses the conventional attributes of the Hindu gods including superhuman strength and true immortality.
- Marvel Comics received criticism from Hindu readers for allowing Shiva to be beaten by Thor in Thor #301, so later stories retconned Thor's opponent from that issue as Indra, a lesser deity more on Thor's relative power level. It was explained that Indra temporarily replaced (and posed as) Shiva when this one was preoccupied elsewhere.
- 3 appearance(s) of Indra (Deity) (Earth-616)
- 1 appearance(s) in handbook(s) of Indra (Deity) (Earth-616)
- 1 mention(s) in handbook(s) of Indra (Deity) (Earth-616)
- 4 image(s) of Indra (Deity) (Earth-616)