Inhumans are subject to diseases, among them "Gral's disease", a hereditary disease that expresses as extreme weakness in the sick Inhuman. It is not fatal if caught in time.
The Inhumans are present in many realities, with more or less important variations in their history, appearances, and biology.
Powers and Abilities
Without Terrigenesis, Karnak possess strength, reaction time, speed, or endurance superior to humanity's most perfect physical specimen, Captain America, due to his eugenically superior Inhuman heritage and intensive training. Other Inhumans haven't been clearly shown to possess such powers originated from training and eugenics solely.
Medusa claimed that "her people" didn't really feel cold. It is unknown if it is a power common to Inhumans or if she is referring to the Attilans who lived for centuries in the North Atlantic, then decades in the Himalayas.
Average Strength level
Inhumans' strengh level can vary regarding their powers, originated from Terrigenesis or hereditary transmission.
Without Terrigenesis, Karnak can lift 1 ton and is physically slightly superior to the peak of normal human physical achievement, due to his eugenically superior Inhuman heritage and intensive training.
Other Inhumans, without Terrigenesis or extensive training, haven't been shown to display any degree of superhuman strength.
Habitat: Attilan, same as Earth
Gravity: Same as Earth
Atmosphere: Same as Earth, though with no germs or pollution
Population: At present there are about 1,230 living Inhumans, all of whom dwell in Attilan.
Type of Government: Monarchy. Inhuman society is formatted in the style of a genocracy; ruled by the genetically fittest. As such, the elected Genetics Council is the major ruling body of the Inhumans besides the Royal Family.
Level of Technology: Mostly Genetic Manipulation, though in general superior to Earth standard. Echo-Technology, which utilizes power from vibranium capacitors that store whispers of Black Bolt, including Echo-Skeleton Armor and Echo-Weapons (designed by Maximus).
Cultural Traits: Miscegenation Prohibition, Rigid Caste System based on abilities, Conformists. Marriages have long been arranged by the government to eugenically further the race with couples only allowed to have a maximum of two offspring. Those born with powers not useful enough to Inhuman society are cast off to live in the Darkward End of Attilan as rejected outcasts and unmentionables to be detached from their former associates and family members.
- Inhumans were once stated by Dal Damoc to be the products of Kree experiments on Homo antecessor.
- The Inhumans can be considered a by-product of the Celestials' tampering, by sparking a "recessive genetic potential for greatness in the human DNA code".
- It was stated by the Kree that the Inhumans were of Kree lineage and that they had Kree blood and genes.
- When asked if there was a way to distinguish Inhumans from mutants, Tom Brevoort (presumably joking) stated that all Inhumans were left-handed.
- Fantastic Four #45-48 (1965-1966)
- Fantastic Four #59-63 (1967)
- Thor #146-152 (back-up stories) (1967-1968)
- Amazing Adventures Vol 2 #1-10, (August 1970 - January 1972)
- Inhumans #1-12, (October 1975 - August 1977)
- What If? #29-30 (back-up stories) (1981)
- Marvel Graphic Novel #39 (1988) aka The Inhumans: A Marvel Graphic Novel
- Inhumans Special #1 (April 1990) aka The Inhumans: The Untold Saga
- Marvel Comics Presents #168 (1994)
- Inhumans: The Great Refuge #1 (1995)
- Alpha Flight Inhumans #'98 (1998)
- Inhumans Vol 2 #1-12 (1998-1999)
- Inhumans Vol 3 #1-4 (2000)
- Inhumans Vol 4 #1-12 (2003-2004)
- Son of M #1-6 (2006)
- Silent War #1-6 (2007)
- Secret Invasion: Inhumans #1-4 (2008)
- Secret Invasion: War of Kings #1 (2009)
- War of Kings #1-6 (2009)
- FF #6-11 (2009)
- Realm of Kings: Inhumans #1-6 (2010)
- Fantastic Four #600-603 (2011)
- Infinity #1-6 (2013)
- New Avengers Vol 3 #12 (2013)
- New Avengers Vol 3 #18 (2014)
- Inhumanity #1-2 (2014)
- Inhuman #1-14 (2014-2015)
- Inhuman Annual #1 (2015)
- Inhuman Special #1 (2015)
- Uncanny Inhumans #1-20 (2015-2017)
- All-New Inhumans #1-11 (2016)
- IVX #1-6 (2016-2017)
- 965 representatives of Inhumans (Inhomo supremis)
- Appearances of Inhumans (Inhomo supremis)
- Minor Appearances of Inhumans (Inhomo supremis)
- Media Inhumans (Inhomo supremis) was Mentioned in
- Race Gallery: Inhumans (Inhomo supremis)
- Images of Inhumans (Inhomo supremis)
Links and References
- Inhumanity #1
- Inhuman #5
- Karnak #1
- Fantastic Four #577
- What If? #28
- Squadron Supreme Vol 4 #8
- Guardians of the Galaxy #27
- Official Handbook of the Marvel Universe #5
- Official Handbook of the Marvel Universe Vol 2 #6; Karnak's entry
- Inhuman #11
- Marvel Knights Millennial Visions #2001
- Inhumans Special #1
- Vision and the Scarlet Witch Vol 2 #10
- Secret Invasion: War of Kings #1
- Inhumans Vol 2 #7
- X-Men Forever #4
- Inhumans Vol 3 #1
- Inhumans Vol 3 #3
- Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Season 3 19
- Tom Brevoort's response