The Terrigenesis is the source of most of the Inhumans' powers. Subjection of any individual Inhuman to the Terrigenesis conventionally requires the approval of a majority vote of the Genetics Council. Please consult the page for more information.
Inhumans are subject to diseases, among them "Gral's disease", a hereditary disease that expresses as extreme weakness in the sick Inhuman. It is not fatal if caught in time.
The Inhumans are present in many realities, with more or less important variations in their history, appearances, biology.
Powers and Abilities
Varies, if any. Even without using the Terrigen Mist, the Kree modifications, combined with centuries of selective breeding have given all Inhumans certain advantages. Their average lifespan is 150 years, and an inhuman in good physical condition possesses strength, reaction time, speed, and endurance that are all superior to the finest of human athletes.
- Enhanced Strength An average (unmodified by Terrigen) Inhuman in good physical condition can lift one ton.
- Enhanced Speed An average (unmodified by Terrigen) Inhuman in good physical condition is slightly faster than Captain America, and thus superior to the finest human athlete.
- Enhanced Reflexes An average (unmodified by Terrigen) Inhuman in good physical condition has reflexes slightly superior to Captain America's, and is thus superior to the finest human athlete.
- Enhanced Endurance The endurance of an average (unmodified by Terrigen) Inhuman in good physical condition is slightly superior to Captain America's, and is thus superior to the finest human athlete.
Average Strength level
Karnak and other normal Inhumans who are in excellent physical shape, can lift 1 ton and are physically slightly superior to the peak of normal human physical achievement.
Due to their closed society, Inhumans have a far lower threshold to disease and pollution than ordinary humans.
Habitat: Attilan, same as Earth
Gravity: Same as Earth
Atmosphere: Same as Earth, though with no germs or pollution
Population: At present there are about 1,230 living Inhumans, all of whom dwell in Attilan.
Type of Government: Monarchy. Inhuman society is formatted in the style of a genocracy; ruled by the genetically fittest. As such, the elected Genetics Council is the major ruling body of the Inhumans besides the Royal Family.
Level of Technology: Mostly Genetic Manipulation, though in general superior to Earth standard. Echo-Technology, which utilizes power from vibranium capacitors that store whispers of Black Bolt, includes; Echo-Skeleton Armour and Echo-Weapons (designed by Maximus).
Cultural Traits: Miscegenation Prohibition, Rigid Caste System based on abilities, Conformists. Marriages have long been arranged by the government to eugenically further the race with couples only allowed to have a maximum of two offspring. Those born with powers not useful enough to Inhuman society are cast off to live in the Darkward End of Attilan as rejected outcasts and unmentionables to be detached from their former associates and family members.
Representatives: * Black Bolt
- Inhumans were once stated by Dal Damoc to be the products of Kree experiments on Homo antecessor.
- The Inhumans can be considered a by-product of the Celestials' tampering, by sparking a "recessive genetic potential for greatness in the human DNA code".
- It was stated by Kree that the Inhumans were of Kree lineage and that they had Kree blood and genes.
- Fantastic Four #45-48
- Fantastic Four #59-63
- Thor #146-152 (back-up stories) (1967-1968)
- Amazing Adventures Vol 2 #1-10, (August 1970 - January 1972)
- Inhumans #1-12, (October 1975 - August 1977)
- What If? #29-30 (back-up stories) (1981)
- Inhumans Graphic Novel (1988)
- Inhumans Special aka Inhumans: The Untold Saga #1 (April 1990)
- Marvel Comics Presents #168 (1994)
- Inhumans: The Great Refuge #1 (1995)
- Alpha Flight/Inhumans Annual #1998 (1998)
- Inhumans Vol 2 #1-12 (1998-1999)
- Inhumans Vol 3 #1-4 (2000)
- Inhumans Vol 4 #1-12 (2003-2004)
- Son of M #1-6 (2006)
- Silent War #1-6 (2007)
- Secret Invasion: Inhumans #1-4 (2008)
- Discuss Inhumans (Inhomo supremis) on the forums
- 924 representatives of Inhumans (Inhomo supremis)
- Appearances of Inhumans (Inhomo supremis)
- Minor Appearances of Inhumans (Inhomo supremis)
- Media Inhumans (Inhomo supremis) was Mentioned in
- Race Gallery: Inhumans (Inhomo supremis)
- Images of Inhumans (Inhomo supremis)
Links and References
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 Inhumanity #1
- ↑ Karnak #1
- ↑ Inhuman #5
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 4.2 Fantastic Four #577
- ↑ What If? #28
- ↑ 6.0 6.1 Squadron Supreme Vol 4 #8
- ↑ 7.0 7.1 7.2 7.3 Official Handbook of the Marvel Universe #5
- ↑ Guardians of the Galaxy #27
- ↑ Marvel Knights Millennial Visions #2001
- ↑ Secret Invasion: War of Kings #1
- ↑ Inhumans Vol 2 #7
- ↑ X-Men Forever #4
- ↑ Inhumans Vol 3 #1
- ↑ Inhumans Vol 3 #3
- ↑ Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Season 3 19
- ↑ Tom Brevoort's response