- This isn't a bad guy. This isn't a villain. This is something monstrous and magical. Beyond science; beyond reason. This is the face of a miracle. A real and true and tragic-beyond-imagination miracle.
Appearing in "Fear Itself Part 2: Cracked Actor"
- Iron Man (Tony Stark) (Main story and flashback)
- Stark Resilient
- Detroit Steel (Doug Johnson III) (Apparent death)
- Howard Stark (Only in flashback)
- Hammer Industries
- Spider-Man (Mentioned)
- Iron Man Armor Model 37 (Bleeding Edge Armor)
- Detroit Steel Armor
- Rescue Armor Model 2
- Hammer of Mokk
- R.T. node
Synopsis for "Fear Itself Part 2: Cracked Actor"
The issue begins with a flashback, between a young Tony Stark, and his father, who lectures him on the costs of waging war.In the present in Paris, France Tony finds himself on a pile of the scattered statue like corpses left behind by Mokk. Clearly shaken by the devastating casualties inflicted by Mokk, Tony tries to fight off the magically powered villain but finds himself unable to really damage it. The fight is interrupted however by the appearance of Doug Johnson in his Detroit Steel suit. In an ill-fated attempt at oneupmanship Johnson's suit is torn apart and Mokk turns him to stone with his Grey Gargoyle gaze. Tony attempts to wound the monster with an energy blade from his suit, an attack that seems to actually wound Mokk, but due to catastrophic damage to his suit he is forced to flee back to Stark Resilient.
While at the office Tony swipes a bottle of alcohol from under the nose of Pepper Potts, flying off into the night, implying Tony's slide back to his dangerous alcoholism.
FEAR ITSELF TIE-IN!
As the Iron Man cast reels from last issue’s stunning events, the Golden Avenger himself begins to unravel at the seams! But when fear begins to wrap its icy fingers around the globe and the people need Iron Man more than ever, will Tony Stark be able to answer the call?
- This issue is reprinted in Fear Itself: Invincible Iron Man.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Invincible Iron Man Vol 1 505 on the forums
- Images from Invincible Iron Man Vol 1 505
- Reviews about Invincible Iron Man Vol 1 505
|Like this? Let us know!|
Weekly Video Review
This review is of Invincible Iron Man #505, and I gave it a 5/5.
— Nathan (Peteparker) (Earth-1218) (talk • contribs • email) 22:24, June 17, 2011 (UTC)