Appearing in "World's Most Wanted, Part 2: Godspeed"
- Iron Man (Tony Stark) (Main story and flashback)
Races and Species:
- H.A.M.M.E.R. jet
Synopsis for "World's Most Wanted, Part 2: Godspeed"
Tony Stark realizes that he must rid the world of all sensitive data relating to S.H.I.E.L.D. out of fear that it might fall into the hands of Norman Osborn. Unfortunately, the most sensitive hard drive is the one inside Tony's head - his brain. He decides that this too, must be removed, even at the cost of lobotomizing himself. Pepper Potts and Maria Hill are present, and neither of them wish to see Tony commit suicide. Tony assures them though, that this is the only way. He tricks Hill into activating the device that begins the process.
Maria Hill returns to her apartment in Georgetown, but discovers only too late, that Osborn's H.A.M.M.E.R. agents are looking to arrest her. She fights them off, but is briefly captured. While en route back to Osborn's headquarters in Colorado, Maria breaks free and escapes. Making sure that she is not being followed, she makes her way back to Stark's lab.
Tony continues with the mind-dump. He hands over control of Stark Industries to Pepper Potts, with the wish that she will shut the company down. Maria arrives and tells Tony that she was nearly killed by Osborn's goons. Tony realizes that Norman has declared him a fugitive and that he is to be apprehended at all costs. Maria puts the question to Tony, "What next?"
- This issue shipped on January 7th, 2009.
- Issue includes a preview of The Wonderful Wizard of Oz.
- Rated A.
- Tony's fugitive status, the decommissioning of S.H.I.E.L.D., and the rise of Norman Osborn and the formation of H.A.M.M.E.R. are all tied to the "Dark Reign" event, which deals with the ramifications of the "Secret Invasion".
Links and References
- Invincible Iron Man series index at Comicbookdb.com
- Invincible Iron Man series index at the Grand Comics Database