Appearing in 1st story
- Iron Man (Tony Stark) (Main story and flashback) (Apparent death)
- Stark Industries (Main story and flashback)
- Spider-Man (Peter Parker) (Apparent death)
- Jim Rhodes (Apparent death)
- Ultron (Mentioned)
- S.H.I.E.L.D. (Mentioned)
- Navy SEALs (Mentioned)
- Avengers (Mentioned)
- Tokyo Metropolitan Police Department (Mentioned)
Races and Species:
- Earth (Main story and flashback)
- Hell (Invoked)
- Iron Man Armor Model 51 (Model-Prime Armor) (Main story and flashback)
- Spider-Armor MK IV
- War Machine Armor
- S.H.I.E.L.D. Flying Car (Mentioned)
Synopsis for 1st story
Iron Man finally arrives in Tokyo and begins to scan the scene where Jim Rhodes was last seen before being approached by Spider-Man, who had swung around the city all night to no avail. Both descend to the rooftop of Rhodey's last location, and Tony finds the lug nut of the car War Machine had previously brought there before being attacked.
In the unidentified warehouse, Tomoe offers Rhodes the chance to walk away alive of the situation in exchange of any valuable information. He refuses the offer and engages Tomoe's ninja in combat. Rhodey manages to hold his own and even disarm one of the ninja and take their sword from them.
Back in Japan, Rhodey continues to fend off ninja attacks when Iron Man and Spider-Man arrive to the scene after tracking down a signal to the warehouse. Rhodey tells the heroes to leave, but neither understand Jim's intention to keep them away from Tomoe's technopathic abilities. Tony's armor and even Spider-Man's web-shooters are swiftly taken from them and incorporated into Tomoe's War Machine armor.
With her armor having increased noticeably in size, Tomoe suggests the heroes to surrender. They attempt to stall for time, but the three are attacked by the ninja. Tomoe decides to end the fight, creating a giant blast of energy that destroys the warehouse and seemingly kills Tony, Rhodey, and Spider-Man.
“THE WAR MACHINES” PART 3!
• Spider-Man, War Machine and Iron Man team up to stop a brand new threat to the Marvel Universe… like only they can. All this plus more hints to next summer’s insane Marvel blockbuster event.
- The fist panel of page 3, which features Spider-Man encountering the airborne Iron Man while hanging from an antenna appears to be a homage to the cover of Superman vs. the Amazing Spider-Man #1 by Ross Andru and Dick Giordano.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Invincible Iron Man Vol 3 8 on the forums
- 5 Images from Invincible Iron Man Vol 3 8
|Like this? Let us know!|