The iron-bound Books of Shuma-Gorath were (apparently) magically created long before books existed and were crafted by humanity. Shuma-Gorath, like Skelos, Vathelos and others created their books from iron rings and plates. They then manipulated humans into using the book, thus enabling their creator to influence Earth.
Over 19,000 years BC, Shuma-Gorath returned to Earth, and ruled the land that would became known as Cimmeria, from the mountain later known as Mount Crom, until the young god Crom led a shaman to obtain the three of Shuma-Gorath, allowing Crom to seal Shuma within the mountain.
- The iron bound books of Shuma Gorath were mentioned by Robert E. Howard in "The Curse of the Golden Skull".
- The Iron-Bound Books of Shuma-Gorath's entry in the Tomes of Eldritch Knowledge's page from Official Handbook of the Marvel Universe Mystic Arcana: The Book of Marvel Magic #1, the Appendix, and Comicvine, states that their first reference occurred in Conan the Barbarian #37, though it doesn't seems to be mentioned in that issue. This is possibly an error based on the fact Conan the Barbarian #37 is the adaptation of "The Curse of the Golden Skull".
- The same sources also state that the books first appeared in Conan the Barbarian #258, but doesn't mentions their possible appearance in #85.
- 4 Appearances of Iron-Bound Books of Shuma-Gorath
- Minor Appearances of Iron-Bound Books of Shuma-Gorath
- Media Iron-Bound Books of Shuma-Gorath was Mentioned in
- 1 Images featuring Iron-Bound Books of Shuma-Gorath
- Item Gallery: Iron-Bound Books of Shuma-Gorath
Links and References
- ↑ Tomes of Eldritch Knowledge at the Appendix, Iron-Bound Books of Shuma-Gorath's entry
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Official Handbook of the Marvel Universe Vol 4 #18; Shuma-Gorath's entry
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 3.3 Official Handbook of the Marvel Universe Mystic Arcana: The Book of Marvel Magic #1; Tomes of Eldritch Knowledge: Iron-Bound Books of Shuma-Gorath
- ↑ Conan the Barbarian #85
- ↑ Invaders Now! #4
- ↑ Savage Sword of Conan #14; A King Kull Glossary, Shuma-Gorath's entry