- I made my choice a long time ago. I stood in front of the tree of life and traded away the fruit of immortality for vengeance. So why has it started to feel like I'm still stuck in eternity? Is this my penance? My purgatory? Are all of the other poor souls just to scared to admit we've fallen into a lake of fire? So why can't I feel the heat? Pills won't help me sleep. So I try something else. I tell myself I earn it. But it's just an exercise of forms. One cold, dead thing imitating another. Training. Regime. Routine. I stare out the window and the dead corpse of my father stares back. A grave maker in a field of 8.25 million dead souls. I remember the screaming. I thought it was my mother at first. And then I thought it was myself. A high-pitched desperate skrill. It wasn't either of us. I remember seeing my father for the first time just then. For what he truly was. He wasn't afraid of dying. How could he be? He was already gone. A dead man walking in my father's skin. The look in his eyes said it all. He was insane. had been for a long time. And then he was... I have my father's eyes. That's what she would tell me. Before she kissed me on the cheek and tucked me in for bed. She smelled like rose petals. Like baby powder in the rain. And she loved me because I had the eyes of a madman. We all chose, didn't we. We all chose to pretend... To ignore... We chose to see what we wanted to... Not what was really there. I'm so sick of choosing. I've been avoiding the past for so long... Afraid that if I was to turn around... I'd see what was coming for me.
- -- Danny Rand
Appearing in "Rage: Part One"
- Iron Fist (Danny Rand) (Main story and flashback)
- Undead Ninjas
- Wendell Rand (Only in flashback)
- Heather Duncan-Rand (Only in flashback)
- Harold Meachum (Only in flashback)
- Tree of Immortality (mentioned)
Synopsis for "Rage: Part One"
- Synopsis not yet written.
- High above the city, in a multi-million dollar penthouse, Danny Rand, a.k.a. Iron Fist, “The Living Weapon,” is haunted by the consequences of choosing death over life.
- A message from Iron Fist’s mystical homeland of K’un-Lun brings Danny back to his blood soaked origin of betrayal and vengeance! Revenge is a weapon that cuts both ways....
- Will Danny survive the bloodletting? A one-of-a-kind kung fu action epic directed by the inimitable Kaare Andrews!
Links and References
PREVIEW: Iron Fist: The Living Weapon #1 by Kaare Andrews on How to Love Comics.
|Like this? Let us know!|
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.