- Rahimov was right. But I was right, too. "How many have died?" he asked. "Too many", I said. But I didn't tell him the rest. What happens when you... make those decisions. All those people I've touched... I remember them. I remember them all.
- -- Iron Man
Appearing in "With Iron Hands (Part IV of IV)"
- Paladin (Behind the scenes)
- Captain America (Steve Rogers) (Vision)
- Sal Kennedy (Vision)
- Agent Carstairs (Vision)
- Agent Colletti (Vision)
Synopsis for "With Iron Hands (Part IV of IV)"
Iron Man infiltrates the Overkill Mind and navigates its arteries until he reaches the hub. Nicolas Weir has bonded with the former Overkill Horn and is now a fusion of man and machine. Some of Weir's biology has also merged with the Horn's mechanical components, transforming him into a gestalt cybernetic entity. After analyzing the situation, Iron Man concludes that brute force is actually the best strategy here. He beats on Weir's physical form until he convinces the hive mind construct that he will in fact resort to lethal force if required. He convinces Weir to order the Overkill Mind to disengage its primary function. As Iron Man disconnects him from the Overkill Mind's hub, Weir confesses that he never intended on harming innocents. Iron Man flies Weir back to the S.H.I.E.L.D. Helicarrier.
With the threat of the Overkill Mind averted, there is now only one more pressing issue. Nasim Rahimov still has several thumbnail nukes planted at unknown locations throughout Kirikhstan. Iron Man leads the S.H.I.E.L.D Alpha Squad to Kirikhstan. While the squad members search for the nukes, Iron Man learns that Rahimo is holed up in his ancestral family home. He flies to the castle where he finds Rahimov a broken, embittered man confined to a wheelchair. Iron Man tries to apprehend him, but Rahimov's wheelchair is protected by a static electromagnetic field. Tony doesn't have time to bypass Rahimov's defenses. He has no choice but to take Rahimov out before he can detonate the nukes. Iron Man sends a message to S.H.I.E.L.D.-tac and order Timothy Dugan to deploy Scorched Earth protocols. S.H.I.E.L.D. bombs Rahimov's home, killing him. Iron Man flies safely away, but once again, he must come to terms with the blood that is on his hands.
- This issue is reprinted in other comics and books, see references for more info.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Iron Man: Director of S.H.I.E.L.D. Vol 1 32 on the forums
- 2 Images from Iron Man: Director of S.H.I.E.L.D. Vol 1 32
|Like this? Let us know!|