Appearing in "War Machine: Weapon of S.H.I.E.L.D. (Part II of III)"
- War Machine (Main story and flashback)
- Black Panther (Cameo)
- Captain Britain (Cameo)
- Iron Man (Only in flashback)
- Mandarin (Only in flashback)
- Stature (Cameo)
- Storm (Cameo)
- Vision (Cameo)
- West Coast Avengers (Mentioned)
- England (Cameo)
- New York City (Cameo)
- Pennsylvania (Only in flashback)
- Wakanda (Cameo)
Synopsis for "War Machine: Weapon of S.H.I.E.L.D. (Part II of III)"
Jim Rhodes and Suzi Endo are in command of Tony Stark's secret satellite station. They initiate the station's battle mode sequence which transforms it into a giant suit of armor. Rhodes takes control of the armor's weapons systems, and uses them to blast his way through a Skrull armada approaching Earth.
With the immediate threat abated, Rhodey leaves the station and flies back to Earth in his War Machine armor. He arrives in Russia where he finds the Winter Guard in conflict against the Super-Skrulls. War Machine tries to provide them with some assistance, but Crimson Dynamo informs him that his interference is unwelcome in Russia. Ursa Major defends War Machine's presence, but Dynamo aggressively insists that he should leave their country.
Rhodey angrily flies off, but then turns back around, grunts "To Hell with it" and returns to Russia. A horde of Super-Skrulls descend upon him, but the Crimson Dynamo refuses to allow his team to render Rhodey any aid. The Skrulls overwhelm War Machine and take him back to one of their ships where they prepare to dissect him.
- This issue shipped on October 15th, 2008.
- For the duration of this story-arc, the title of this series is superseded by the surrogate title War Machine: Weapon of S.H.I.E.L.D. This is not an actual title change as the indicia still reads Iron Man: Director of S.H.I.E.L.D.
- This issue is a Secret Invasion tie-in. The events from this issue take place concurrently with events from Secret Invasion #6. Several heroes involved with the Secret Invasion make cameo appearances in this issue.
- Includes flashbacks from Rhodey's childhood growing up in Philadelphia.
Links and References
- Iron Man (Volume 4) series index at Comicbookdb.com
- Iron Man (Volume 4) series index at the Grand Comics Database Project