The fourth of a series of Iron Man armors created by Tony Stark is the successor and replacement of the Mark III that was damaged during the fight with Obadiah Stane's Iron Monger armor. It was used in a minor brawl with James Rhodes in the Mark II armor when Tony himself was drunk at his own birthday party celebration.
After Stark created a new and superior suit, this armor was kept in storage in his lab. The armor was destroyed, along with the original Hall of Armor, when Stark's Malibu Mansion was attacked by A.I.M..
As this armor is apparently just a recreation of the MK III suit, which was heavily damaged in battle, it seems to have the same capabilities as its predecessor.
This suit is powered by a miniaturized arc reactor. It features a gold-titanium alloy shell (the same used in a Stark Industries satellite 'Seraphim' to improve out-of-atmosphere reliability) and an upgraded power generation unit.
It makes the wearer extraordinarily strong, and provides resistance to damage from even tank shells and rockets. The suit is equipped with two palm repulsors used for flight control, melee and long distance weapons, along with a J.A.R.V.I.S.-run array of missiles and targeting system.
- A MK IV suit was originally going to appear in the first Iron Man film, as a War Machine Armor made of weaponized swap-out parts that would be worn over the original MK III.
- 12 appearances of Iron Man Armor MK IV (Earth-199999)
- 1 minor appearances of Iron Man Armor MK IV (Earth-199999)
- 32 images of Iron Man Armor MK IV (Earth-199999)
- Gallery of Iron Man Armor MK IV (Earth-199999)