Tony was participating in the race when Vanko ambushed him on the track using a weapon system powered by an arc reactor of his own. Stark's friend and employee, Harold Hogan, had been left with the armor for safekeeping, and burst onto the track to aid Stark. After some initial difficulties acquiring it in the scuffle, Stark was able to don the armor and use it to defeat Vanko.
This armor is powered by a miniaturized arc reactor and it features two states: a compact red suitcase, and a red and silver battlesuit.
The transformation from case to armor can be achieved in seconds: Tony Stark opens the case and locks his hands into grips that reform into gauntlets, then steps into the open case, where the rest of the unit separates and reforms around him. The resulting battle suit is considerably weaker than the other Stark armors, lacking their range of weapon systems and flight capability, but has the advantage of being a readily accessible emergency backup.
- The color scheme of the MK V armor was inspired by the Iron Man Armor Model 8 from the comics, better known as the Silver Centurion.
- During Ivan Vanko's attack in Monaco, Tony Stark calls the briefcase "Football," referencing the term nuclear football, which is a briefcase containing authentication codes and other items that allow the US President to authorize a nuclear strike at any time.
- 6 Appearances of Iron Man Armor MK V (Earth-199999)
- 1 Minor Appearances of Iron Man Armor MK V (Earth-199999)
- Media Iron Man Armor MK V (Earth-199999) was Mentioned in
- 26 Images featuring Iron Man Armor MK V (Earth-199999)
- Item Gallery: Iron Man Armor MK V (Earth-199999)