The "Skeleton" suit was among those summoned to battle the Extremis-enhanced soldiers assisting Aldrich Killian's plan to publicly execute the United States president. It demonstrated the ability to separate into a cluster of separate modules, each rocketing through the air with individual repulsors, and batter an opponent as a swarm before recombining again.
This armor was destroyed, either by Extremis soldiers or Stark's "Clean Slate" protocol, which blew up the remaining suits to symbolize to Pepper Potts that his creations would no longer be a distraction or a priority.
The MK XLI is powered by a miniaturized arc reactor. This suit is the first in the line of Stark's testing of modular capabilities. It is compromised of six separate pieces (helmet, torso, legs, and arms) that can be self-propelled towards a designated humanoid target and form a suit around the body.
The suit doesn't possess the extra layers of armor others do. This and the presence of indentations and open areas in the armor make for interlocking pieces of other suits to fit into place and function seamlessly.
- This armor bears a striking resemblance with 2010's Iron Man Mark V Evolution Armor action figure from Hasbro's Iron Man: The Armored Avenger series.
- 1 Appearances of Iron Man Armor MK XLI (Earth-199999)
- Minor Appearances of Iron Man Armor MK XLI (Earth-199999)
- Media Iron Man Armor MK XLI (Earth-199999) was Mentioned in
- 13 Images featuring Iron Man Armor MK XLI (Earth-199999)
- Item Gallery: Iron Man Armor MK XLI (Earth-199999)