The Shotgun suit responded to Stark's call for reinforcements against Aldrich Killian's Extremis-enhanced soldiers assisting in his fake terror plot against the United States, and was briefly worn by Stark against Killian himself during the battle. The Shotgun's repulsors proved capable of very rapid and versatile firing, even to the point of using a gauntlet repulsor to backhand Killian across the face with highly-amplified force. Killian's counter-attacks tore away pieces of the suit, forcing Stark to expel himself from the suit before Killian finally sliced it in half.
The MK XL is powered by a miniaturized arc reactor. It has a more aerodynamic design compared to other suits, aiding in high speed flight.
NotesFirst revealed in the application "Iron Man 3: Armor Unlock" for the official Iron Man 3 Facebook page, in which a participant has to correctly answer sets of questions about the cinematic version of Iron Man in order to unlock exclusive looks of new Iron Man armor to appear in Iron Man 3 and the chance to win a trip to the premiere of the film in Los Angeles.
- 2 Appearances of Iron Man Armor MK XL (Earth-199999)
- Minor Appearances of Iron Man Armor MK XL (Earth-199999)
- Media Iron Man Armor MK XL (Earth-199999) was Mentioned in
- 15 Images featuring Iron Man Armor MK XL (Earth-199999)
- Item Gallery: Iron Man Armor MK XL (Earth-199999)