The thirty-ninth Iron Man suit created by Tony Stark was a sub-orbital suit nicknamed "Gemini". It was designed for otherworldly journeys into space, having an integrated removable booster pack and zero-gravity maneuvering thrusters.
The Gemini suit was among those summoned by Stark to battle Extremis-enhanced soldiers assisting Aldrich Killian's plot. It was controlled at the time by J.A.R.V.I.S., Stark's A.I. program. It was seen dispatching an Extremis soldier while Stark was trying to get to Pepper Potts, who was trapped in a mobile platform.
This armor was destroyed, either by Extremis soldiers or Stark's "Clean Slate" protocol, which blew up the remaining suits to symbolize to Pepper Potts that his creations would no longer be a distraction or a priority.
NotesFirst revealed in the application "Iron Man 3: Armor Unlock" for the official Iron Man 3 Facebook page, in which a participant has to correctly answer sets of questions about the cinematic version of Iron Man in order to unlock exclusive looks of new Iron Man armor to appear in Iron Man 3 and the chance to win a trip to the premiere of the film in Los Angeles.
- 3 Appearances of Iron Man Armor MK XXXIX (Earth-199999)
- Minor Appearances of Iron Man Armor MK XXXIX (Earth-199999)
- Media Iron Man Armor MK XXXIX (Earth-199999) was Mentioned in
- 10 Images featuring Iron Man Armor MK XXXIX (Earth-199999)
- Item Gallery: Iron Man Armor MK XXXIX (Earth-199999)