This armor was a modular component system rather than a fully integrated suit. As such, each individual system (helmet, boots etc.) may have had different features.
There were also plug-in points for various modules. One of these was the Hulkbuster add-on used when Hulk confronted Iron Man over the production of gamma bombs when part of Stane International. The two met at a production plant. Stark acknowledged that Stane had conducted many illegal and unethical operations, but explained that this news was nothing more than a smear campaign. The two were able to settle the dispute and dismantle the plant.
Repulsors and the uni-beam remained standard for the base unit. Boot jets were upgraded. A refractive coating helped against energy attacks.
Magnets located on the palms and soles as well as a grappling hook with cable were used for climbing. A loudspeaker was used to address crowds. Image inducers were upgraded to give off 'identifier signals,' fooling the Controller.
Various modules were available:
- Full Spectrum Scanalyzer with Adamantium-Tipped probe.
- Magnetic Railgun Launcher with explosive shells.
- Semi-Fluid Polymer Compound: energy-absorbent compound that shot out and covered its target.
- EM Field Generator: attracted a lightning bolt to short out Ultimo.
- Gravimetric Field Generator: canceled out the pull of the Earth's gravity on whatever it was attached to.
- Polybond Adhesive Compound.
- Cryogenic Compact Module.
- Magnetic Compact Module: used magnetic field to polarize the target. Multiple modules could be used to polarize the target with mutually opposing states making the atoms of the target repel one another.
- Hypodermic Injector.
- Microsurgery Equipment.
- Shoulder Mounted Weapons.
- Hulkbuster, it integrated a magno-hydraulic pseudo-musculature which provided greatly enhanced strength rated at 175 tons. Sensors were adapted to focus on detecting gamma radiation. It had impact-resistant carbon composite plating and an anchoring system.
- The Hulkbuster add-on was originally identified as an individual armor, Model 14, in the All-New Iron Manual #1. It was later reidentified as simply another form of the Model 13 in the Iron Manual TPB #1.
- The Modular Armor is quite popular as it was/is usually used by the animated version of Iron Man and Capcom version of Iron Man.
- 97 appearance(s) of Iron Man Armor Model 13
- 10 minor appearance(s) of Iron Man Armor Model 13
- 68 image(s) of Iron Man Armor Model 13