Stark was apprehensive about making armors after the previous one had become sentient. While at Askew he began experimenting with new ideas and completed a new design.
In light of Ultron's attempting to use S.K.I.N. as a weapon of mass destruction, Tony had abandoned use of this armor and constructed the Iron Man Armor Model 20.
S.K.I.N. is a flexible alloy that can bounce like a basketball yet become nearly as hard as Adamantium. On command S.K.I.N. flows out of the chest plate and forms the gold armor sections.
Jocasta's AI served as the armor's operating system. Sensors and circuitry were improved as a whole. The new "Stark Card" was integrated into the system.
Repulsors and pulse bolts are standard weaponry. A new energy absorber is able to take in energy and fire it back out via the "omnibeam."
The sonic array and tractor beam are improved.
The energy blade in the gauntlet doubles as a weapon and an Energy Shield. The small shields can extend to cover the entire armor, but are less potent.
Probes launched from the gauntlets provide many functions: they have limited repulsors of their own, image inducers, a sensor array, and can detonate as "smart bombs."
A newer version of the "chameleon effect" provides cloaking at the cost of expending considerable power.
If need be, the armor can enter an emergency mode where it will automatically find a safe place, cloak, and power down.
- This armor was originally identified in the All-New Iron Manual as the Model 20, it was later renumbered Model 21 in the Iron Manual.
- 16 appearance(s) of Iron Man Armor Model 19
- 1 appearance(s) in handbook(s) of Iron Man Armor Model 19
- 2 minor appearance(s) of Iron Man Armor Model 19
- 1 mention(s) of Iron Man Armor Model 19
- 14 image(s) of Iron Man Armor Model 19