The new generation of Iron Man armors started with this model, by implementing a long time staple of the Iron Man arsenal: Repulsor Rays. Shortly Tony decided to give his armor more facial features, by including the infamous faceplate which included a "nose". It was heavily damaged in a battle against The Freak, forcing Tony to create a new armor, which was not only more flexible, but also returned to the nose-less faceplate.
Image inducer produced holograms.
Electric bolts could be used for stunning.
The armor's surface could be heated.
Various gadgets: vapor ejector, smoke bombs, bomb pellets, a chemical kit, cutting blade, sound duplicator, and a high frequency wave generator.
Life support was improved with a longer air supply.
The armor could absorb energy from extreme temperatures (both hot and cold).
The armor included the infamous rocket skates as a back-up way of transportation.
- The Iron Man armor, especially the models prior to the Model 3, were in a constant state of experimentaion and improvement. The Model 3 distinguished itself when Anthony Stark implements a basic helmet design. The Model 2 helmet first had a horned look. The helmet mask was later riveted on flat. The Model 3 appears to be of a smooth bore motif which led to Iron Man being affectionatly referred to by some of his fellow Avengers as "Shell-Head".
- The Model 3 model was used last as Tony Stark's primary armor/weaponry in Iron Man #85.
- 391 appearance(s) of Iron Man Armor Model 3
- 75 minor appearance(s) of Iron Man Armor Model 3
- 247 image(s) of Iron Man Armor Model 3