This suit of Iron Man Armor was designed by Tony Stark together with Stark Unlimited as a countermeasure against Fin Fang Foom. When the Controller sent the beast to attack Manhattan, Stark deployed the Fin Fang Foombuster to intercept him. Before Iron Man could push him further into the sea, Fin Fang Foom managed to land a critical hit which heavily damaged the suit's hull and forced Tony to eject aboard the Iron Man Armor Model 56.
The Fin Fang Foombuster is first deployed as a set of auto-piloted submersible, surface and air repulsor cannons which engage their target as quickly as possible. When they are joined by a ship containing the suit's cockpit, the cannons assemble around it to give form to the Fin Fang Foombuster, a behemoth that is approximately twenty stories high. In addition to augmented strength capable of knocking back Fin Fang Foom, the suit can release electrical discharges from the palm of its gauntlets.
- The numerical designation provided in this article for this suit is tentative, based on the last officially numbered armor (Model 52) and the chronological appearance of this suit.
- 2 Appearances of Iron Man Armor Model 57
- Minor Appearances of Iron Man Armor Model 57
- 1 Media Iron Man Armor Model 57 was Mentioned in
- 12 Images featuring Iron Man Armor Model 57
- Item Gallery: Iron Man Armor Model 57