While Iron Man's conventional suits could function underwater, they had several limitations. Stark specially designed this armor to work underwater at depths of up to 3 miles.
In terms of appearance, it was an all new design with the exception of the helmet taken from the Model 4 armor.
All repulsor weapons are adapted for underwater use; in particular the updated "tri-beam" style uni-beam and mini torpedoes. The armor can generate an electrical field around itself similar to an electric eel. It could also release a chemical into the water that generates an inky-black cloud similar to an octopus's.
Boot jets received modified turbines. Life support was enhanced for deep sea conditions. Long-range exo-units act as grapples with fully articulated hands. Crampons help in maintaining footing on rocks and coral. The backpack is a holding bay that can store objects.
Lastly, the main armor can be jettisoned if needed to escape.
- The rights to the schematics of this armor are being contested by Damage Control after Tony Stark fell into a coma since the company also operates as an archival unit for metahuman technology that belongs to missing, incapacitated or deceased individuals. While Stark commonly evaded this predicament by leaving control of his intellectual property to Reed Richards, Reed had gone missing for a prolongued period of time when Stark became incapacitated.
- 20 appearance(s) of Iron Man Armor Model 6
- 2 minor appearance(s) of Iron Man Armor Model 6
- 1 mention(s) of Iron Man Armor Model 6
- 22 image(s) of Iron Man Armor Model 6