Designed after Tony was detected approaching a Roxxon space station using the Space Armor, the Stealth Armor was created to focus on stealth over offensive weaponry. It was used by Stark to infiltrate the Heaven's Hand fortress in the area formerly known as East Germany.
The Stealth Armor was later used by Stark to infiltrate Soviet airspace during the first Armor Wars. By this point, Tony had managed to upgrade the suit to give it limited weapons capability where the original was basically defenseless.
Alternate Reality Versions
|This special sneaky armor may let Iron Man scout behind enemy lines without being seen, but it still packs quite a punch!||Marvel Super Hero Squad Online|
|In Earth-TRN840, the Iron Man Armor Model 7 resembled the Iron Man Armor Model 43. They only visual difference was the biceps were black rather than silver.||Marvel Duel|
The Stealth Armor maximizes concealment over everything else. As a result, it is more fragile and cannot fit into a briefcase.
Radar-absorbing coating, electronic countermeasure (ECM) jamming, and a wave-modifying plasma layer held by a force field distort incoming radar and sonar signals. Emissions from the jets are washed by supercooled air as the boots themselves have liquid oxygen rings. If discovered, it could launch chaff.
Subterranean equipment was added for reaching underground areas. The sensory systems were upgraded for stealth missions, including an "auto-camera" with microfilm.
The original model had no weapons systems. A later version had limited weaponry: repulsors have enough charge for three shots. Its unibeam is usable but similarly low-powered. The later upgrades included the ability for the armor to change color for stealth purposes, although this camouflage ability was limited to working only in environments that were of one color, such as snow.
A booster pack conserves energy and increases the armor's long range capability.
- The Stealth Armor is actually black, appearing as blue only because of the printing limitations of the era, in which blue had to be used as a fill-in for black surfaces and objects. A caption in the cover to the suit's first appearance, Iron Man #152, calls Iron Man the "now-ebon Avenger," and in Iron Man #244, the Fixer specifically denotes that Iron Man is wearing a black armor.
- The Stealth Suit was based on the Northrop Grumman B-2 Spirit.
- The rights to the schematics of this armor are being contested by Damage Control after Tony Stark fell into a coma since the company also operates as an archival unit for metahuman technology that belongs to missing, incapacitated or deceased individuals. While Stark commonly evaded this predicament by leaving control of his intellectual property to Reed Richards, Reed had gone missing for a prolonged period of time when Stark became incapacitated.
- 27 appearance(s) of Iron Man Armor Model 7
- 3 appearance(s) in handbook(s) of Iron Man Armor Model 7
- 8 minor appearance(s) of Iron Man Armor Model 7
- 2 mention(s) of Iron Man Armor Model 7
- 32 image(s) of Iron Man Armor Model 7
Links and References
Warning: Default sort key "Iron_Man_Armor_Model_007" overrides earlier default sort key "Iron Man Armor Model 7".